Notices

Old 28 Feb 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This With A Baby - Feb/March 2020 - Day 6

This morning we were up early (again), the weather was promising to be better than the last couple of days with predicted highs of around 26 degrees. We had our usual pop tart and coffee for breakfast and had decided today we would head to seaworld.
We left about 9.30am and decided to drive up international drive to get to seaworld as every time we've seen the I4 it's been heaving. We arrived and paid the $25 to park, must say I don't miss paying that at Disney! We were parked up in row 26 and had a relatively short walk to the park entrance. Bag check here was infinitely quicker than Disney. They get everyone to go though a scanner first and then if you set the scanner off with something they search your bag. DH had his rucksack searched but My bag got through without. Our tickets were scanned at the gate and they took out photos with each to link to our tickets and we were in.
We grabbed a park map and had a look at what we planned to do through the day.

We went over to the dolphin show for 11pm but when we got inside there were no seats left so decided to come back to a later show. Instead we went and watched the dolphins in the dolphin encounter pool.

We then walked along to the stingray pool and DH and Dd had a go at feeding the stingrays.

I was starting to feel pretty hungry by 11.30am which Is one of the downsides to getting up so early. We headed further into the park and found a restaurant to get an early lunch. Initially we stopped off at the voyager smokehouse but there wasn't much variety on the menu so we carried on to spice mill.
DH had a hawaiian chicken breast sandwich, this came with waffle fries. He said it was really simple but really good and enjoyed it.

I had a spice milk club sandwich, this was ham, turkey, salami and pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato on Cuban bread. This was really good, tasted great and was really filling. It came with a side and I went for the fresh fruit which was a pot of strawberries as I knew Dd would like them.

Dd had a cheeseburger which came with waffle fries and a kids drink. She ate about three quarters of this and then ate my strawberries which she said were really tasty.

Total came to $33.84, pretty standard for theme park food these days.

After lunch we made our way over to the Clyde and seamore show. We got some great seats near the front just outside the splash zone and in the shade. We love coming to this early to watch the mime. He is absolutely hilarious, I could watch him all day!

After the sea-lion show we walked up to Sesame Street land, this is completely new to us and it wasn't open the last time we were here. Tbh I was pretty disappointed to see shamus happy harbour go as it had some great rides with little people. Sesame Street land seems to have less attractions unfortunately. Dd and I went on the carousel and then Dd and DH went on the cookie drop ride. After that Dd and I went on the teacup ride and we had planned to go on the mini rollercoaster next but they queue looked huge!

It was getting towards time for the orca encounter show so we headed for there. Just outside the stadium we picked up one of the free refill all day cups, this cosy $14.99 and you get free refills on coke products and icee slushes. You can also bring it back on future visits and get 99 cents refills. We should have bought this sooner really but Dd loves slush so I surprised her with one before heading in to see the killer whale show.
Dd wanted to sit in the splash zone I'm so her and I sat down at the front and DH an DS sat towards the back to stay dry. The show was nicely done to give it the educational slant and when the orcas came round at the end to splash the crowd we got absolutely drenched. Dd took a deluge to the face and instantly regretted wanting to sit in the splash zone. We left absolutely drenched but that was the point I suppose.

After leaving the killer whale show we wandered past the sharks and Dd and DH went in to see them, we then spent some time looking in a few of the shops. We were undecided what to do at this point and we could see the pets ahoy show was starting so we walked over to the theatre to watch this. It was really entertaining and the animals were really impressive. It's lively that all the animals are rescue animals which had been trained and clearly love what they're doing when preforming. The skunk didn't want to do as it was supposed to but that just made the show funnier. They do say you should never work with children or animals, haha.
We took a walk back round to Sesame Street land and DH and Dd when on the mini rollercoaster. DH said it was actually more violent than he was expecting. After this we decided to call it a day, we made our way to the front of the park and decided that of manta or mako had a short queue then DH would go on them but unfortunately they were showing 20 minutes and that was abit too long. We're thinking we will come back another day and Dd can get the quick queue pass and do the rides he wants to then.

After leaving the park and getting back to the car we were undecided as to where to have dinner, Dd suggested IHOP as she loved the pancakes the other morning so we figured it was as good a place as any so that was where we made our way to. We arrived at the one of the 192 not far from mystic dunes, it was pretty quiet which we were pleased about, By this point it was 7.20pm and nearly ds's bedtime. Our server came over very quickly to take out order, I had a diner Pepsi, DH had a tropical splash and Dd had chocolate milk. For our food DH had the breakfast sampler with 2 buttermilk pancakes.

I had the combo with Mexican tres leches pancakes, I chose scrambled eggs and bacon for my combo. This was soooo good and I ate every last thing! The pancakes were delicious and when I ran out of caramel and sauce I used the old fashioned syrup on the table which were equally delicious.

Dd had the cupcake pancake combo. This was eggs, bacon sausage and a cupcake pancake. She demolished this so must have enjoyed it. Our total came to $34, and our server had been super quick and efficient and was generally lovely we left her a very large tip and made our way out and back to mystic dunes.

Once we were back we sorted DS for bed and had a drink before bed. Tonight was mikes harder mango lemonade and was really tasty and easy to drink.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 28 Feb 20 11:34 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan
Old 29 Feb 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Fab day! Can’t wait to show my kids seaworld in November I just know my son will want to sit in the splash zone xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like a lovely relaxed day (apart from the soaking!). Hope your daughter enjoyed her surprise slushie! 😊
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Nice day at Seaworld. Hope you dried out quickly!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ladyofleisure
Excited about Disney

Hats off to you for managing your trippy and DS. Enjoying reading along thanks for sharing.

A link to my 2020 trip to Los Angeles:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1161735

A link to my 2017 trip to POR and HRH is show below:
Star Wars, Bar Bores, Car Tours and No Chores!

A link to my 2015 trip to CBR and RPR is shown below:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...me+the +power
ladyofleisure is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List