Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Taralee
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I only have positive things to say about Charter - we have always used them and had great customer service. Try to be patient, Disney only just released info and I’m sure now that has been done CT will deal with things. We were due to go on a cruise this year and have had to wait over 40 days for a refund (Hayes Travel) but given the circumstances I am happy to give them time to address the huge amount of disruption they are facing.
Hope you get it sorted soon - I am sure you are gutted at having to cancel 😊
Taralee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

I have been dealing with CT yesterday and today discussing all the possibilities and cancellation was discussed. They said that the refund, if we chose that route would be "very quick" and I hadn't even impressed a preference.

In the end, I cannot believe the deal we've ended up with for 2021. So, hats off to CT. We cannot fault them at all.

No travel company is perfect, they will all have their issues especially during this period of time, but I sympathise with your problems - these things are nasty things to sort out when it's mostly out of your hands.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Originally Posted by signtalker View Post
I dealt with them a couple of years back, worst customer service and rude call agents, never again
Couldn’t agree more

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Worst Travel agent I have ever dealt with.

Sorry to hear about your experience but I am not surprised. Rude, arrogant and worst customer service I have ever experienced!
Old 14 Jun 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

I haven't ever used this company but considered a few times. The control freaking in me couldn't relinquish control but it's very interesting you guys have had such extreme differences in experiences. I wonder how many people work there or if the manner in which they are approached affects outcome... or how much is being spent.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tretinker View Post
I haven't ever used this company but considered a few times. The control freaking in me couldn't relinquish control but it's very interesting you guys have had such extreme differences in experiences. I wonder how many people work there or if the manner in which they are approached affects outcome... or how much is being spent.
I was thinking that. It’s been recommended to me a few times and I hadn’t heard anything bad until seeing the comments on this thread. I’ve just obtained a quote from them for next year but what’s putting me off is the layout of the quote looks unprofessional and they insist on being paid by bank transfer (although the deposit can be paid on card).
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Charter continue to get mixed reviews and have for years. Not a company I would personally trust.

If you look at the trend those who are cancelling themselves and accepting they will lose their deposits are reviewing positively.

Those who have reached their travel dates and entitled to a full refund and not getting it are those quite rightly upset.

So as long as it is in their favour they work well, when it's not they are not.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Charter continue to get mixed reviews and have for years. Not a company I would personally trust.

If you look at the trend those who are cancelling themselves and accepting they will lose their deposits are reviewing positively.

Those who have reached their travel dates and entitled to a full refund and not getting it are those quite rightly upset.

So as long as it is in their favour they work well, when it's not they are not.
But the same can be said for quite a lot of companies including VH, TUI, BA, Florida Escapes, Ocean Florida. Kenwood.

All the above have had a mix of good and bad experiences.

But I fail to see how, in your opinion, those choosing to cancel and accepting the loss of deposit are giving good reviews.

Maybe thats because the acceptance is because those have read the T&C’s, if you didn’t and are now complaining that its poor then that is not the fault of the company.

As mentioned an opportunity was given to delay this decision by the company that would have led to a full refund but it sounds like this was not acceptable therefore the onus is again on the customer not the company!
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
LJC
New Poster (2)

Have you had any contact from them yet? We received our options on Saturday and one was a full refund including our deposit, we were staying onsite at Disney with the free dining.

I would try emailing or calling your sales agent again.
LJC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TeeKayDawn View Post
As mentioned an opportunity was given to delay this decision by the company that would have led to a full refund but it sounds like this was not acceptable therefore the onus is again on the customer not the company!
Many have not been given that option.

Many also had their flights cancelled and Charters response was that they had to claim back their deposit from their insurance. In this case Charter were not able to fulfil their terms of the contract, but were not returning deposits. Basically acting illegally. So not always is the onus on the customer.

Delayed repayment of the deposit refund is one thing, refusing and forcing people to claim from insurance, when the insurer will quite rightly refuse is another.

Originally Posted by TeeKayDawn View Post
But I fail to see how, in your opinion, those choosing to cancel and accepting the loss of deposit are giving good reviews.
Read the threads for yourself, many have given positive feedback in that circumstance, and that isn't wrong. If they decided to cancel themselves prior to any of their suppliers cancelling then they have no reason to complain and if it was done efficiently then they are getting what they expected.

Its the immoral and illegal activities where people are quite rightly complaining.

I don't recall saying anywhere that other companies aren't acting immorally or illegally either. They should be and are being called out as well.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List