Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jun 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Reereef View Post
Poor show Mick 😉
Only joking 😄 Hope you had a lovely weekend! We had some sunshine again!
We had a BBQ with eldest daughter (matron girl ) on Saturday evening. Couldn't get out of the intense sun for the first sausage - had to dash inside before final sausage - rainstorm of Biblical Floridian proportions

Mick
Old 15 Jun 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Reereef View Post
Flipping heck Donaldfan! That’s amazing!
I feel really embarrassed now. I’ve gained about a stone in lockdown and done nothing about it. You’ve just inspired me!
Thank you! I need to lose a lot more, this is just my lockdown weight, but at least I know I'm doing something right 😀
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Totally with you on this one! I know we can’t dictate what people post but can we PLEASE try and keep it positive as the OP intended. There are so many threads on the other forum to talk about the doom and gloom if you so wish
Sorry for the shouting caps but ABSOLUTELY

Just don't respond to any deliberate negativity and they'll go away.

Mick
Old 15 Jun 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
We had a BBQ with eldest daughter (matron girl ) on Saturday evening. Couldn't get out of the intense sun for the first sausage - had to dash inside before final sausage - rainstorm of Biblical Floridian proportions

Mick
Oh yes! We had that downpour too! It cleared up pretty quickly though, as you say ‘Florida Style’.

My husband spent the day telling me ‘you’re going to burn’...I burnt.
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Absolutely agree! (about the positivity)

I am planning until I can no longer plan. Numbers are only one factor and can be used to tell a misleading story. Plus numbers can change quickly. Decisions will be made and changed. There’s no point in arguing or challenging personal views on this, so why waste the time and energy. We can however control our own positive outlook and that we are choosing to go ahead with our plans and make the best of it!

Happy Monday folks and here’s to having a positive week. Work and home schooling the kids for me first, then some itinerary planning later 😊

Edited at 09:33 AM.
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It’s ok , I will leave the thread now .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
On a positive note, I see Disney have been cracking on repainting the castle and it should be done by the time MK opens (so all those cranes should have gone). And with social distancing and reduced capacity, photos of the "new" castle should look good.

Over at Universal, the new Jurassic Park coaster is going up quickly. It probably won't open in August this year, but looks like something good to bring people back next year. Its strange that they haven't formally announced this yet.

BTW, does anyone know what's happening with the Bourne Supremacy Stunt Show? That was due to open this Spring but, understandably, was delayed. I guess it could open in the next month or two?

And then, finally, at Seaworld the new rollercoaster there - Icebreaker - looks pretty much complete. So it's possible that might open in August. Good news for all those heading there this year.

Any other new and exciting attractions at the parks that I've missed?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

I agree we need to keep the positivity going on this POSITIVE thread, don't think some people grasp the concept of it being a positive thread. Just seen reports of the new Universal stunt show 'Bourne' and they all seem good, need to give it a look when we get there 😁
Unicorn13x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
BTW, does anyone know what's happening with the Bourne Supremacy Stunt Show? That was due to open this Spring but, understandably, was delayed. I guess it could open in the next month or two?
It opened yesterday, there was reports on Twitter about it, but not allowed to film the show or take photos, but they could take photos/film in the queue line
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Wow the castle looks amazing! I hope it's all done and then what a bonus that would be!
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List