Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 7 Dec 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Digital photo for passport

We did DHs passport renewal online with no problems with a digital photo online. Trying to do mine now. The photo we uploaded is rated as ‘poor’ on the site so we have taken another that we think meets the requirements better. However when I try to upload the new one it just keeps the ‘poor’ one on instead even though I have chosen the ‘upload a new photo’ button.
Have decided to leave it a while and see if it clears after a certain time, any ideas anyone please?
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

If you have a Snappy Snaps near you, they will do a photo, upload it and check it’s acceptable. They then give you a code to retrieve it and use it for the application. Costs £10.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

I’ve submitted applications with photos rated as poor and received the passport without any issues. The photos have always looked good to me.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for the replies. I’ve solved it by moving to my ipad instead of my deskstop. I put the new photo in and it was rated a strong ‘good’ so hopefully no problem now. The photo is a very unflattering one but no one sees it except the immigrations officials.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
It is the system not the photo when I did mine I tried about 6 diffrent ones all said poor so I went to the post office they took my picture that said poor the lady tried about 3 times in the end she said we send the poor one if it comes back then if you keep the receipt we sort something out as it not your picture lucky the pass port came no problem.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

There is no guarantee the shop photo's are any more acceptable than your own.

As you can retake your own and check them there and then, there is really no reason to pay anyone to do this unless you do not have a way to take a digital photo.

Often the issue is contrast against the background or clothes. If the AI can't pick out the facial shape easily it will give a poor response. Simple changes to lighting, backgrounds or clothes can help, but often submitting a poor photo does not end in rejection.

Really, don't pay for something that they don't do any better of a job than you will at home.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List