Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Jan 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I do 30 hours a week, over 4 days, contracted, with 30 mins for lunch. Rarely have a proper lunch break, if i'm on the ward I usually just have a cup of tea and a cereal bar to tide me over, or if i'm in the officer I usually eat and work at the same time. Never finish on time, always end up staying late as can't leave while we still have patients. Deal with e-mails from home if they're urgent and related to patient care and phone calls on my day off from colleagues.

I started on 15 hours over 2 days, but slowly got more experience and worked my way up and now other than the senior sister on the ward I do the most hours. Definetly don't get paid enough, it's the NHS after all haha, but, as much as I moan, I love my team and secretly love the job.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Excited about Disney

Contracted for 37, we have flexi hours so can vary start and end times and if we have enough flexi time, can have a half day or full day off. Sometimes an early dart if I've got something study related I want to do. Usually end up working 39ish hours due to the pressures on a small team of two. Start time anywhere between 7:30 and 8:30, if I choose for an early morning run or supermarket trip, try never to work past 5, 4:30 usual end time.
Shutterbug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Contracted to 40. Working from home has helped both me, and work as I do more hours, but I can stop when it’s convenient for a workout, or a dog walk.
I start about 7.30, take a break at some point to walk the dog or workout, occasionally both on a non month end date. I tend to stop about 4.30 to do the horses and maybe ride, but will likely do another hour before bed.
Old 11 Jan 21, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Celica190
Imagineer

Contracted to do 40 hrs a week.

Then COVID hit, my boss became ill and I was left to manage staff who had been redeployed to work they were completely unfamiliar with and had 90 minutes training for, as well as staff who had been told to stay at home by my boss for reasons I was unaware of. I ended up working weekends at home for no extra pay just to keep on top of things.

Then my severe migraine turned out to be a bleed on my brain, since which I have been off work.

1996 Days Inn Universal 1999, 2003 & 2005 Quality Inn International 2007 and 2011 Bahama Bay Resort
Celica190 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Im on a 45hr week based on either a 4 day or 5 day week, so the shifts vary between 11.25 hours per shift or 9 with some flexibility if we agree upto 12 hours, but this is rare.

As a lorry driver I have to take 45 minute break as a minimum.

Edited at 10:55 PM.
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Before Covid, 8hrs per week over two mornings. Now 6hrs per week over two mornings that I prefer.

I work in a village Post Office and it’s been manic since the beginning of the first lockdown.
Old 11 Jan 21, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Contracted 37 per week but work flexi so like to do extra hour per day at least so 7.30 to 4.30 but then have 2 days off per month. No way I would work extra for free 🤣
I hear what you’re saying, it does sound mad, but there are some jobs where you can’t just turn off the lights and walk away.

I’m a (legal aid) criminal defence and family lawyer. If I don’t do what’s on my desk, it’s not me or my employer who suffer, but the people we’re there to represent - people’s liberty and family lives are at stake. At the real risk of sounding dramatic, I, quite literally, took an oath.

So whilst I don’t love working for free and I’d love to get the time back via a couple of days off per month, professional duty sometimes overrides what I want.

I’m sure there’s loads of us, in different sectors, in a very similar boat.
Old 11 Jan 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Celica190 View Post
Contracted to do 40 hrs a week.

Then COVID hit, my boss became ill and I was left to manage staff who had been redeployed to work they were completely unfamiliar with and had 90 minutes training for, as well as staff who had been told to stay at home by my boss for reasons I was unaware of. I ended up working weekends at home for no extra pay just to keep on top of things.

Then my severe migraine turned out to be a bleed on my brain, since which I have been off work.
Goodness that sounds terrible. I hope you’re slowly getting better.
Old 11 Jan 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
Contracted to do 37.5 but do anything up to 65, I rarely do less than 50 and don't get overtime, It's just the only way I can get the work done since my boss left in September and I'm having to do as much of both roles as I can manage.

Senior management finally agreed that this was ridiculous as I'm underpaid anyway, was only able to do the essentials for each role and had reached breaking point (if I could have afforded to, I'd have just walked away without a backwards glance), so I was able to appoint a new team member who started last week. He seems pretty good so hopefully will be able to take a good amount of the workload from me.

It’s quite a niche role, but there were still over 50 applicants!

Edited at 07:17 PM.
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

37 in my contracted post, 8 hour days. We can start at 8 and finish at 6 so theres a little flexibility, I tend to stick to 9-5.

I do anything between 5 & 20 hours in my other post where I'm zero hour contract. I just pick and choose what I like and I base my decision on how much I want to get paid.

Then i do a couple of weddings a month usually which average 1.5hrs work each.

All too much really when you add it together but I have debts and like holidays.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List