Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Jan 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Ball81
Excited about Disney

We have covered various ways and months of time.

Last time in August we did 5 nights Cabana Bay and 2 Nights Portofino.

If your up and in the parks early you can get quite a lot done with out fastpasses. Fastpasses do allow us to repeat rides we like towards the end of the stay and save on queuing times etc. We didn't find the early entry into parks much use for rides as few are open but worked for the dash to Hagrid's which i suspect will now be the rush for new Jurassic park coaster. Volcano bay access early if staying on site is a must. most days we had smashed all the main rides by 9/10am, sometimes staying on some 3/4 times looping then the kids would choose a ride to use on the Tapu Tapu and staying in the not so lazy river (forget its name).

In September only had the pleasure of going this time once we didn't stay onsite and was absolutely no issue on queue times etc .
Ball81 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
AliciaB
Earning More Ears

AliciaB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Me and my friend went in 2019 at the end of September into October as i wanted to be there for HHN. We stayed offsite as we wanted the transport to both Disney and Universal included so didn't get the onsite FP. We barely had to wait for any rides in US or IOA, the longest we waited was for the Hogwarts Express and Hagrids. Everything else was basically walk on or 10 minutes, if that.

We got everything done we wanted to do before midday mostly.

♥ Forever Dreaming of Mickey Shaped Snacks ♥
♥ Member Since O8 ♥
♥ Leah ♥
AliciaB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
We are only doing US and possibly SeaWorld. Over 14 days. I also have the disability pass. This is our suck and see holiday... We will be staying near US so we either get on a ride or go another day. Husband says if necessary we can buy the FPs towards the end of the holiday if there's stuff we really can't do that we are desperate to do
If you qualify for a disability pass and have 14 days to do Universal and SW, I can't see any reason to worry about Express passes. The wait times are often short enough to ride immediately with the pass. There shouldn't be too many that you even need to wait for a return time. We have even used it for Hagrid's with a max 90 minute wait to return.
Old 15 Jan 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
If you qualify for a disability pass and have 14 days to do Universal and SW, I can't see any reason to worry about Express passes. The wait times are often short enough to ride immediately with the pass. There shouldn't be too many that you even need to wait for a return time. We have even used it for Hagrid's with a max 90 minute wait to return.
Thank you. I am presuming that qualification for WDW DAS is equal to US and possibly Seaworld?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Thank you. I am presuming that qualification for WDW DAS is equal to US and possibly Seaworld?
Yes it is for universal and because it is smaller, I find it easier to navigate and get round. If you need to hire a chair, then you can do this before you enter security which makes getting around Citywalk easier to if you need it.

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

Not necessarily no, every time we have been to Disney we have gotten DAS for my partners disability, but when we have went to Universal they turned our request down.
jvm32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by jvm32 View Post
Not necessarily no, every time we have been to Disney we have gotten DAS for my partners disability, but when we have went to Universal they turned our request down.
Can I ask why or please PM if you don’t want it public. Last time I went to US in 2009, I got one... mines a hidden disability...
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

Can I ask why or please PM if you don’t want it public. Last time I went to US in 2009, I got one... mines a hidden disability...
This was last year, my partner has MS (so at times can be a hidden dissability), so she struggles with any sort of queuing or being on her feet for a prolonged period of time. Universal just advised us to rent a wheel chair as all their queues are now wheelchair friendly.

We didn't take up their offer as she didn't want to wheeled about all day, so we ended up just buying an express pass to avoid queues.
Old 15 Jan 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by jvm32 View Post
This was last year, my partner has MS (so at times can be a hidden dissability), so she struggles with any sort of queuing or being on her feet for a prolonged period of time. Universal just advised us to rent a wheel chair as all their queues are now wheelchair friendly.

We didn't take up their offer as she didn't want to wheeled about all day, so we ended up just buying an express pass to avoid queues.
Ah ok. That’s fairly normal for WDW as well. Mines a totally different issue. Take care xx
Old 15 Jan 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

Yeh, we've always found Disney to be very accomodating when it came to DAS, as my partner has no desire to spend time in a wheelchair when it can be avoided, just a different experience at Universal.

Edited at 04:08 PM.