Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jan 21, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
I wouldn’t class 10pm as that late. Certainly wouldn’t bother me if a neighbour had a shopping delivery at that time.
Would rather that than early in the morning.
People go out and come home from pubs later than that (in normal times) and can be louder than a delivery driver if they’ve had a few drinks 😆
Suppose it depends how much wine is in the order <chink, chink>
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
They can though?
We ve had some in the past kindly bring it into the house and put it in the kitchen
I doubt it at the moment
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

ASDAs latest slot for delivery to me is 10pm to 11pm , Waitrose 9pm to 10pm , Tesco also 10pm to 11pm.
Amazon deliveries are up to 10pm too
I’d think the later delivery shift probably suit a lot of women with children who work once their husbands finish work. Regular hours and staff discount , it’s probably very popular and practical as no childcare costs.
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
cookiebeth
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

So people are actually offended by the OPs concern of a lady doing their delivery at that time of night but they are then also annoyed at the potential of having deliveries past daylight because their neighbours might take a strop! 😂😂 OP you have my sympathy from reading these responses!
cookiebeth is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cookiebeth View Post
So people are actually offended by the OPs concern of a lady doing their delivery at that time of night but they are then also annoyed at the potential of having deliveries past daylight because their neighbours might take a strop! 😂😂 OP you have my sympathy from reading these responses!
I don’t think people are offended at her concern but possibly offended that she feels women shouldn’t work after dark.
Those moaning about early morning/late at night deliveries aren’t the same people.
Old 21 Jan 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I think any delivery jobs carry some kind of risk, no matter if it's a women or a man, young or older. A parcel delivery driver (male) was kidnapped not far from us, then released a few miles away. The opened parcels were found dumped. I guess the perpetrators were targeting high value items as it was before Christmas.
With groceries I don't think someone would be a target.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I doubt it at the moment
Our lady still brings it into our kitchen. I cannot lift and dh is often at work. The gentleman before her used to as well. There is a box where you can put a request for help... so long as you are not isolating.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
As long as she'd finished the ironing and cooking at home, it's great that she's able to get out of the house and earn a few extra pennies to put towards a nice frock.

(Put me in the camp of not really understanding the point of this question)

Part One
Part Two

Edited at 10:03 AM.
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
I think that was MF point, to try and book a better time if neighbours are nearby so not to be disruptive for others.

Personally where I live a delivery after 7pm would go down like a lead balloon.
Probably does where I live , but when people stop having loud cars , barking dogs etc etc and all that . Basically if you live near people you’ll get noise .

I’ve had Tesco delivery at 9pm Saturday a few times during the first lockdown , I doubt the van was here more than 10 mins so not a massive inconvenience to anyone as they park on my drive .
Unfortunately if that’s what slots are left that’s what you get .

As for women delivery drivers at 10pm wouldn’t register with me at all ,plenty of women choose to work late shifts to fit in around childcare / university etc
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I'd take a 10pm delivery if that's all they had, luckily I seem to live in a very tolerant easy going street. Or else everyone just rolls their eyes and mutters to their partners like I do.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List