Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 6 Sep 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
amberspy
Imagineer

Mobile Royal Caribbean drink packages

As we already book for Orlando next July
We looking in Western Caribbean cruise April 2022 then move on to Orlando for two weeks 😊
Never cruised before so can someone explain how drinks packages work
As my brothers partner doesn’t drink booze and he does but heard they both have get same packages 🤷🏼
Any tips when best time book drinks package if deals come on etc
amberspy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Yes, all passengers in the same cabin must get the drinks package if pre-booking.

The best deal is around Thanksgiving/Black Friday in November. I can't remember the exact percentage off (I think it was 30%) but it was 10% more than I had seen at any other time.

Happy planning
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We found the alcohol drinks package just too expense for us as we don’t drink much. We bought the refreshment package which we thought was really good value. It included soft drinks, bottled water, non alcoholic cocktails and speciality teas and coffees. You are also allowed to take 2 regular size bottles of wine onboard with you. The drinks were very expensive onboard.

Once you have purchased the package you can go on to you My Cruse account and cancel and rebook if the price comes down. We did this a few times before we went. The best deals seem to come on around holiday times so Thanksgiving, Christmas. I became a bit obsessive looking at deals for excursions and packages ! Keep a track of the prices so you know when you have found the best price.

From memory I’m sure if you rang up and said one of the party doesn’t drink alcohol they could book different packages for you.

I would also recommend taking a look at the speciality dining. This really good deal came up on My Cruise and Wonderland was the most amazing meal I have ever had. We went on Harmony of the Seas.

Enjoy your planning.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
amberspy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Yes, all passengers in the same cabin must get the drinks package if pre-booking.

The best deal is around Thanksgiving/Black Friday in November. I can't remember the exact percentage off (I think it was 30%) but it was 10% more than I had seen at any other time.

Happy planning
Great Thanks 😊
But can one get booze package and one soft drinks
Bit unfair if one person doesn’t drink
amberspy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

I only get drinks package if its free in a deal. I've been lucky enough to manage this twice on NCL. I would consider what ports you're going to as you could be off the boat all day every day and the package won't be worth it.

I'm one of the bad folk. I take on a bottle of wine per person (which youre allowed) but I also take on 2 litres of vodka. I've done this several times and never got caught!

I've got a few containers which are called a rum runners. They are clear bags that have no metal. I fill them with vodka and put them in with my toileteries. If your case gets scanned its hard to detect.
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Both passengers should strictly speaking get the same package however I’ve heard that they will allow one alcohol and one soft package if you phone to request it.

The drinks packages appear expensive but we find they are totally worth it and we aren’t big drinkers. Bottled water, freshly squeezed juice, sodas and speciality coffees (read nice coffee rather than the horrid free stuff) are included in the package as well as alcohol and we definitely get our £ worth even only drinking one or two cocktails a day each.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

We always have the drinks packages- we do like a drink so for us totally worth it, they do include lots of non alcoholic options. As cheekydeeky says if you call up, your brothers partner should be able to have a non alcoholic package added. Weve only ever gotten the packages when they are included though.
disney_l81 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We went on the RCI cruise to CocoCay - wow that place is wonderful.
Think I paid $49 a day for the drinks package. I don’t drink that much but 3 days I could do. Told them Mrs YT doesn’t drink and they allowed her to take the soft drinks one only.
It was worth it for 49 as you can also use on CocoCay.
Old 7 Sep 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
The price goes up and down like a yoyo. Mine for next year is sitting at £43 a day which I won't be taking. Last RCI trip I got it at £32. Black Friday will have deals and there will be a weekend about 3 months before the cruise where it will be cheap.

I will take the black friday deal knowing I can cancel and rebood if the precruise price is cheaper.

You need to keep checking on a weekly basis on the cruise planner. Their cheap prices tend to last only a couple of days. Given their prices the packages are easy to make pay. Same can't be said for P+O where their packages are silly dear with no discounts and their drinks onboard are far cheaper than RCI.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
The price goes up and down like a yoyo. Mine for next year is sitting at £43 a day which I won't be taking. Last RCI trip I got it at £32. Black Friday will have deals and there will be a weekend about 3 months before the cruise where it will be cheap.

I will take the black friday deal knowing I can cancel and rebood if the precruise price is cheaper.

You need to keep checking on a weekly basis on the cruise planner. Their cheap prices tend to last only a couple of days. Given their prices the packages are easy to make pay. Same can't be said for P+O where their packages are silly dear with no discounts and their drinks onboard are far cheaper than RCI.
I’d second this but I’d go as far as saying check the cruiseplanner daily! I booked, cancelled and rebooked three or four times last year. We eventually paid £37 each per day (Black Friday price wasn’t the cheapest for us) for the package which was by far the cheapest it went in over a year from booking. Prices vary per sailing and what happens on one cruise won’t necessarily happen on another.

Best advice I could give is to book it to lock in the price and then cancel and rebook if it drops.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List