Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 4 Nov 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Printer recommendation needed

We own many printers and we can never get anything to print, we have lots of issues with connecting to the wifi, or needing a special app etc. We have 2 HP printers and a Samsung. They are all, to be fair, quite old.

I also have use of an Epson XP-412 which belongs to the figure skating club which is great, plug it in and it prints anything from anywhere, direct from my PC, or from my iPhone etc.

Since it belongs to the club, I was going to buy a new one for myself, but of course, it's discontinued.

Can anyone recommend a printer that just prints. No hassles. Definitely needs to be Airprint for iPhone / iPad use but also wifi for printing from laptops etc.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Anything from the HP OfficeJet range would be suitable.

I have the HP OfficeJet 6960 and I can print from any device anywhere!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’d go Laser if you don’t need colour. After years of messing about with ink jets we got a HP Laserjet 118 from Argos about 6 months ago. Why didn’t we buy one before we say!
Like night and day- prints almost instantly (a page takes a few secs) from phones as well (Air Print) both sides of paper, hasn’t jammed even when paper is curled. New cartridges are £65 for an XL one but that does 2800 pages and never dries up so should last a good year or two. We are still using the one that came with it.

Edited at 10:59 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We use a Brother Laser Colour.

Absolutley simple to setup, prints about 15 pages per minute. And whilst "official" replacement toner cartridges are extortionate, there are plenty of well known sites online that produce unbranded ones for half the price.

Whilst laser is a bit more than inkjet it has far fewer issues with print quality in my view, and prints much quicker

I think the printer was about £180
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’d go Laser if you don’t need colour. After years of messing about with ink jets we got a HP Laserjet 118 from Argos about 6 months ago. Why didn’t we buy one before we say!
Like night and day- prints almost instantly (a page takes a few secs) from phones as well (Air Print) both sides of paper, hasn’t jammed even when paper is curled. New cartridges are £65 for an XL one but that does 2000 pages and never dries up so should last a good year or two. We are still using the one that came with it.
You obviously don't have teenagers. We've printed (from the stats on the printer) 12,598 pages since the printer was installed - that was just under 2 years ago
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I have a hp desk jet 2622 which was easy to set up over WiFi cost 39.99 as I only need a cheap one as it dose the job
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

we have 2 hp printers the better of the two is the HP Envy 5020. This does edge to edge printing and we have no issues printing from ipad , phone etc. We signed upto the hp ink subscription as if you are doing a lot of full colour prints this works out well. 50 pages £1.99 a month (4p a print if you use them all).

Laser printers are fast and generally reliable, but please check out the per page cost before you invest.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We have an old HP printer. It's very temperamental, not always printing properly and messing the colour up. I keep using it as not sure what to replace it with. We use HP364 replacement cartridges. We quite often need to be able to print photos 4×6 on photo paper for DD's art.
Old 6 Nov 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
You obviously don't have teenagers. We've printed (from the stats on the printer) 12,598 pages since the printer was installed - that was just under 2 years ago
I do- that’s incredible what are they printing?
Old 6 Nov 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We don’t print anything like that amount!

I am wary of HP due to the issues I have with the existing printers but Epson seem to be harder to find. So the debate continues.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List