Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Dec 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Whose not missing Florida?

I can't remember the last year we didn't go to Florida, and we haven't been since September last year and can't honestly say we're really missing not having gone this year.

We won't go back until covid cases drop to very low levels, so we will look at going back in 2022 but if prices get too silly we won't bother, plus the parks could be very busy in 2022 and if that's the case we won't even go then.

I suspect I will be in a minority who isn't in a rush to get back to Florida, but I can't hide my feelings from my dibb family so please don't hate me (vote to get me off the dibb for a month if you do).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I can't remember the last year we didn't go to Florida, and we haven't been since September last year and can't honestly say we're really missing not having gone this year.

We won't go back until covid cases drop to very low levels, so we will look at going back in 2022 but if prices get too silly we won't bother, plus the parks could be very busy in 2022 and if that's the case we won't even go then.

I suspect I will be in a minority who isn't in a rush to get back to Florida, but I can't hide my feelings from my dibb family so please don't hate me (vote to get me off the dibb for a month if you do).
No, you aren’t alone. We visit Florida most years, but I’m not a Disneyphile (heresy, I know), but our visits are usually pre or post Caribbean cruise. I do enjoy our Florida stays but if there’s no cruise, there’s no Florida.
More heresy, but imo there are nicer places in the world. My ban is imminent.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

I'm missing thinking in a months time I will be in Florida where the weather is warmer. We usually go every year Jan. to the middle of Feb. We don't do the Parks except for a Disney Water Park but get around the State and have fun.
Old 8 Dec 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

My bank balance is not missing Florida!
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Definitely missing it as we should be there now instead we are support bubbling up north and it is cold and miserable. As much as we like to go we are also not going to rush out there if masks on planes and loads of restrictions are still in place when you arrive. Same with cruising which is where we can often be found in the early part of the year but all the restrictions cruise ships are having to implement to be allowed to sail do not spell holiday to us either. We do know where some of the saved money the bank are saying has accrued this year is though.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I am missing being away. Away from my house, away from current restrictions. Away from cares. Disney is normally a good place to do that. So in that sense yes. But otherwise no, not specifically.

I read an article in the Washington post today from ICU nurses in the states. One said when this is all over she wants to take her kids away and sit on a beach somewhere and look out to sea and have the breeze blownher cares away. I'm now missing that.

But no doubt people will.post about a good adrenaline ride in a few minutes and I will think - ah yes. I do miss that !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

I have an odd kinda freedom with no booking now..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Very much like you MH, last trip was Sep 19. Ive written off 2021, I may look in 2022 when hopefully the cost/experience will be worth it.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sister Linda is normally there now, so she is missing it and we both have to do Christmas shopping here!
We had nothing booked for this year, but planned a trip to Spain, which didn’t get anywhere.
We won’t go back to Florida until 2022 earliest.
Old 8 Dec 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

We feel the same MH, been every year, sometimes twice for 27 years, but the last time we went I felt it had lost its spark for us.
Looking at 2022 at the earliest, but we will go back and see if we feel the same on that trip 😉
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List