Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 14 Dec 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Passport Renewal - Digital Photo

Hi folks,

Just about to renew my passport. Just wondering how others have gone about taking a suitable photo?

Thanks
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I took DS to Asda. Think it cost just under £10. They give you actual photos but also a digital code. You type in the code on the passport website and it brings up the photo and asks if this is the correct photo. Really easy to do. I know you can mess around with trying to take it yourself but I thought that this was the easiest way for us.👍🏻
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

We did all our 4 by just standing against a white wall with an iPhone. First 3 were accepted, no issue, but mine kept getting rejected saying the background was textured. They did eventually accept the photo when I used different lighting but don't understand what the problem was. At least it saved having to pay for four sets of photos doing.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Poly Girl 68
Having Dinner with Goofy

My DH used the digital check and send at the Post Office on Saturday morning, they take a digital picture and send your old passport away. The cost was £16.00 but we thought it was worth it as it was a very quick, easy, and straight forward process

Poly Girl 68
Poly Girl 68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Don't waste money on paying for something they do no better than you can do yourself at home.

Plain background and make sure you don't have shadows which stop the face outline being detected.

Very simple to do.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Did mine at home against a blank wall. Make sure it’s not bright sunshine or lighting as that can cause shadows. Got my notification today that my renewal has been approved and my new passport is on it’s way.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Also did ours at home with phone. If you upload it it's accepted or not. No messing takes minutes.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

My top tip is that if you're a bit on the dodgy looking side, use a picture of somebody that looks nice and wholesome
Old 14 Dec 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Stand 1m in front of a white wall. Did this for all of my boys photos and uploaded them online. Very easy.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

When you take the photo yourself, and upload it, how quickly do they decide if it is OK or not?
Is it checked there and then - or do they check it later and get back to you?

Thanks.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List