Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile Would you go...

Would you go for a routine monitoring xray at the moment?
My son has cerebral Palsy and has a hip xray every 2 years. We've just got an appointment for next week. There's nothing wrong with his hips it's just routine for kids with cerebral palsy. I'm reluctant to take him to the hospital when it's not needed. What would you do?
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

I would go, it may be routine, but it is routine for a reason, miss this appointment and you don’t know when you will be rescheduled.
My sister has cerebral palsy, and is a lot older than your son, but it is always good to be sure there isn’t any adverse changes.

As is condition is clinically vulnerable, I am sure they wouldn’t have called him if it wasn’t safe to do so.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I would go! Not worth them not picking up on something that hasn’t been noticed.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
Would you go for a routine monitoring xray at the moment?
My son has cerebral Palsy and has a hip xray every 2 years. We've just got an appointment for next week. There's nothing wrong with his hips it's just routine for kids with cerebral palsy. I'm reluctant to take him to the hospital when it's not needed. What would you do?
Would go without doubt.
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Yes, my son works in the radiography department at a local hospital and they have 2 separate areas, covid and non. They are doing everything possible to keep the department segregated and they are cleaning down really thoroughly between patients.
Old 20 Jan 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the replies. I think we've been staying home for so long going to a hospital seems scary.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
yes i would go, god knowa when he would get his next appointment and the hospitals are as safe as they can be at the moment with all the cleaning etc.
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Most definitely, I take my 11 year old to Haematology and Oncology on a weekly basis and never felt unsafe in the hospital.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

I went to hospital on sunday for an xray after falling down the stairs. I think the issues lie on the wards rather than departments.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've been to hospital and doctors appointments all the way through the pandemic and always felt safe. I squirt my hands with gel as I go through as much as possible and tbh all the clinics I've been in theres only been 1 or 2 others in there waiting with me. Family members are made to wait in seating areas in the hallways, obviously you won't as your taking your child.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List