Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Nov 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

So lucky that all our schools dont insist on set items, it does seem to be getting out of hand, with regard to shoe style, skirts of certain length, etc.

Edited at 06:02 PM.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I never grew into my secondary school blazer!
Old 3 Nov 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Could you do a shout out on FB to see if any local parents are selling the correct size. Or raid lost property tomorrow. Good luck to you all for tomorrow.
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t consider either of those to be too big by new kid starting school standards at all however a wash and tumble dry could work wonders or make the problem worse!
Old 3 Nov 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

I think they both look lovely in their cardigans 😊 x
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I never grew into my secondary school blazer!
I wore the same one throughout secondary school too😂😂😂.
My children always started out with large sizes so I didn't have to keep replacing them every 5 minutes due to a growth spurt.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Waiting till hubby gets home to make sure I’m not being irrational. Have had to have another 15mile drive to find a supermarket that stocks the school clothes. The first two had nothing left.

Thank you I do think I make cute babies even if one is pulling a face.

There isn’t any way to buy anything smaller as that was the smallest one.

They have said I can take back but will keep 15% restocking fees.

I ended up searching Facebook as suggested and a school pta thing came up so I joined that and sent them a message.

Apparently it’s not compulsory to have logo
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
I wore the same one throughout secondary school too😂😂😂
Me too!

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I must admit I always bought bigger sizes for our children for primary/junior school. They grew so quickly and official clothing was so expensive, I made sure I had full value of them. I also handed down son 1’s clothes to son 2.

By secondary school, they were more fussy and wanted things to fit so I would buy the right size. I still handed down if the clothes were in a good condition though.

Op, I would perhaps order new for your youngest and put your eldest in the one that your youngest is wearing. That way you are only buying 2 new ones instead of 4, plus you have the two larger ones ready for when your eldest grows out of the current one.

I would mention it to the school that you weren’t happy and that the shop they recommend didn’t have any available to try before you ordered. Hopefully they will then contact the shop so they can correct this before next year.

I also think your girls look gorgeous in the uniform though 😀
All of this and just wanted to add that the cardigans generally shrink after a few washes.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Waiting till hubby gets home to make sure I’m not being irrational. Have had to have another 15mile drive to find a supermarket that stocks the school clothes. The first two had nothing left.

Thank you I do think I make cute babies even if one is pulling a face.

There isn’t any way to buy anything smaller as that was the smallest one.

They have said I can take back but will keep 15% restocking fees.

I ended up searching Facebook as suggested and a school pta thing came up so I joined that and sent them a message.

Apparently it’s not compulsory to have logo
Who told you in the first place that they needed to have a logo - I’d be speaking to that person as they’ve made you have an unnecessary expense.
If it were me I’d send the cardigans back and lose the 15%, and get the nicer knitted ones.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List