Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 May 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Maxymoo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
Her last Advanced Higher was Chemistry last Friday ( she has higher art on the 24th) so she is having a bit of a break from working. She does have her Grade 8 flute exam in June though so she will have to practice for this.

She felt Chemistry and Modern Studies went well but Biology less so.

Enjoy having your son back after all the exam stress
Charlie found chemistry better than he thought it might be, biology ok but I know rest of class found it really hard. Physics today was on track for a disaster but he things again it was better than it could have been . Long wait now for results
Maxymoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Maxymoo View Post
Charlie found chemistry better than he thought it might be, biology ok but I know rest of class found it really hard. Physics today was on track for a disaster but he things again it was better than it could have been . Long wait now for results
Good luck to him, they are all such difficult subjects. Hopefully he can enjoy the long summer break now 😃
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Given up trying to eat at the kitchen table now, study central 🤣

dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
Given up trying to eat at the kitchen table now, study central 🤣

Ha Ha. I know the feeling!

We have piles of text books all around the house. That is the one thing I won't miss when she goes off to uni!
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by roxie2001 View Post
That’s brilliant.
I have been enjoying looking at everyone’s photos on Facebook, that’s all I do on there, I keep out of any drama.
Strange to see everyone’s proper names as well, I’m Roxie on here as Jess used to be desperate to have that as her name, oh still calls her it now sometimes.
My actual name is Julie and Sapphire is my karaoke name.
It is strange, but lovely to see everyone's photos.

I am on FB quite a bit. I like to share photos with friends and families and love it when memories pop up.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m constantly moving our things to make even more room for Georgia’s text books.

Plus our dining table is in our lounge/dining room, so I have always insisted it is kept clear of books etc (except when it is being used for studying of course). However, it hasn’t been that way for the past two years as there is a pile of text books piled on it 😂
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
So pleased Emma enjoyed her last day, it sounds very emotional. It is so nice when they get awards to celebrate their achievements at their schools. Georgia has some glass trophies she was awarded at her school leavers ceremony after her GCSE’s which remind her of her time there.
She has only been at the 6th form for 2 years and only went there because the school she was at didn't have one.

So she never felt she had an emotional tie to it, but said she had really liked all her teachers and she did well up when the teacher got emotional in his speech.

She was really pleased with her certificate, especially as English is what she is doing at uni. It is lovely to be recognised.
Old 16 May 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I’m constantly moving our things to make even more room for Georgia’s text books.

Plus our dining table is in our lounge/dining room, so I have always insisted it is kept clear of books etc (except when it is being used for studying of course). However, it hasn’t been that way for the past two years as there is a pile of text books piled on it 😂
Emma has a chair she sits on in the lounge and it is constantly surrounded by piles of books and essays!

I suppose taking 3 heavy essay based subjects like English, Psychology and History it is to be expected.
Old 16 May 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
It is strange, but lovely to see everyone's photos.

I am on FB quite a bit. I like to share photos with friends and families and love it when memories pop up.
I started using FB mainly as a way to share our holiday and days out photos with our son in Vietnam, so there are always lots of pics of our holidays on there. I don’t use it as often as I am on the Dibb though 😂
Old 16 May 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyknowsbest
Proud to wear my Ears

Hello everyone

Not been on here for a while, busy busy busy with - stuff really, nothing majorly exciting (apart from a big family wedding). Now in the throes of revision. Loved seeing your pics of tables covered in books and papers, glad it's not just my table! Good luck to all our boys and girls as they start their exams - not long now, the final push. It's been so wonderful, reading your posts and feeling like I have "virtual support " from others who understand. Once again thank you Disney Daffodil for starting this thread, it's been so helpful. I'm on FB if anyone would like to PM me their details. My name isn't really mummyknowsbest! Xxx
mummyknowsbest is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List