Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Sep 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Poor Rosie, did it have all her clothes in it? Georgia would have sent us straight back for it 😂

I can imagine it will be a pretty big issue though. Our car is an Insignia which is pretty big, but as the pile of stuff has grown I’m having doubts about fitting it all in.

We fly from Bristol Airport two weeks after Georgia moves, so we may have to take unimportant things then. Although she won’t want us to drop it in on the way to the airport at 4am so will have to wait until we are going home 😀
We were actually reminiscing about it today lol - luckily she had spread her clothes out between a few bags so it wasn’t crucial but enough to cause a slight hissy fit so I took it up the following weekend!
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Glad everyone's moves are going well DD doesn't go until the 22nd September so a couple of weeks yet. I'm hoping we manage to get everything in the car, a Nissan Quashqai with a roofbox. DS is hoping that we cant fit him in then he can go and play football I'm planning on packing most of it in IKEA blue bags and not using suitcases as we would have to bring them back anyway as no where to store them. DD has a couple of large duffle bags so we will use them as well.

Old 9 Sep 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
Glad everyone's moves are going well DD doesn't go until the 22nd September so a couple of weeks yet. I'm hoping we manage to get everything in the car, a Nissan Quashqai with a roofbox. DS is hoping that we cant fit him in then he can go and play football I'm planning on packing most of it in IKEA blue bags and not using suitcases as we would have to bring them back anyway as no where to store them. DD has a couple of large duffle bags so we will use them as well.

You do sound well organised. I think clever packing is the key to getting it all in. Georgia has started packing her clothes and is using the holiday packing cubes. She has packed almost her complete wardrobe in one set of packing cubes (and she has a LOT of clothes 😀 ) However I do wonder how it’s going to fit in the small uni wardrobe 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

DD went at the weekend. So did most of the contents of the house. She is in a room in a shared house (taking her gap year, living with boyfriend who is starting at uni). Their room is full - and it is really the size of a triple compared to a standard uni room.

She is in a lovely house share - so clean and fresh and bright - except the fridges - OMG look (DON'T) in the fridges... she now has a brand new fridge in the corner of her room. She is settling in, bit of a honeymoon type period for her - feels like being on holiday - job hunting starts next week!

Just follow the mantra already mentioned somewhere - FIRST thing you do is make the bed.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
DD went at the weekend. So did most of the contents of the house. She is in a room in a shared house (taking her gap year, living with boyfriend who is starting at uni). Their room is full - and it is really the size of a triple compared to a standard uni room.

She is in a lovely house share - so clean and fresh and bright - except the fridges - OMG look (DON'T) in the fridges... she now has a brand new fridge in the corner of her room. She is settling in, bit of a honeymoon type period for her - feels like being on holiday - job hunting starts next week!

Just follow the mantra already mentioned somewhere - FIRST thing you do is make the bed.
Good news that your DD has moved in successfully. Has she moved far away? Will you see her often? I hope she finds a nice job soon to help out through her gap year. Georgia did consider a gap year as she felt drained after the A levels but after the long summer break now, she feels ready to start afresh.

The fridge and kitchen are a concern to me, I don’t think she’s going to enjoy a shared fridge at all. Unfortunately her uni halls don’t allow the mini fridges in the room so she’s stuck with it 😂

Edited at 12:29 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

That’s very true .
First thing I did in my ds’s first uni room and first thing I did in this house share 😆
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
emwratten
Imagineer

I feel so lucky, my DS started his primary education course today and he choose Canterbury Christchurch, which is really local to us. So no expensive moving out and all my home is still intact 🤣
emwratten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Good news that your DD has moved in successfully. Has she moved far away? Will you see her often? I hope she finds a nice job soon to help out through her gap year. Georgia did consider a gap year as she felt drained after the A levels but after the long summer break now, she feels ready to start afresh.

The fridge and kitchen are a concern to me, I don’t think she’s going to enjoy a shared fridge at all. Unfortunately her uni halls don’t allow the mini fridges in the room so she’s stuck with it 😂
We are in Gloucestershire, she is in Swansea - a lovely converted Victorian houseshare by the marina. So about 1.5-2 hours really. Not too far, and a beautiful area.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We are in Gloucestershire, she is in Swansea - a lovely converted Victorian houseshare by the marina. So about 1.5-2 hours really. Not too far, and a beautiful area.
I know the area extremely well, as one of our sons and his fiancée live in Swansea. We are often there helping them renovate their home or just visiting them and taking our dog for a walk, often around the marina. It is a lovely area and Swansea has lots to do as it’s a great mix of coast and city.
Old 10 Sep 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
KC2014
Excited about Disney

Mobile

DS1 moves on Friday this week. All his bedding, kitchenware etc is packed and piled up downstairs. Just his clothes and laptop etc. DS2 asked if he can come with us on Friday (staying at home with dd and dh) but I'm.not sure he'll fit in the car! I haven't bought any cleaning stuff or toiletries as we will do a shop when we get there. Only 4 days to go 😥
KC2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List