Old 13 Mar 19, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I'm going to use Beth again too I think 😊 I'm wanting so low fat sauces that cost a fortune over here, plus I'm keeping an eye on the Bath and Body Works sales. She was great last tim.

I think that's a fab idea about the rides. I hope you all manage to do them! Xx
It’s so tempting to keep adding stuff, I’m annoyed at myself for missing the offer bath and body works had on foaming hand soaps, they do seem to have an offer on every other day though. What kind of sauces do you buy?

I’m hopeful ds will brave the Hulk, I think he’d love it and he’d be so pleased with himself. I’ve told him no pressure though it’s got to be his own decision. Doubt that will stop him giving me and do a hard time until we conquer our rides though 😂
Old 13 Mar 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
It’s so tempting to keep adding stuff, I’m annoyed at myself for missing the offer bath and body works had on foaming hand soaps, they do seem to have an offer on every other day though. What kind of sauces do you buy?

I’m hopeful ds will brave the Hulk, I think he’d love it and he’d be so pleased with himself. I’ve told him no pressure though it’s got to be his own decision. Doubt that will stop him giving me and do a hard time until we conquer our rides though 😂
That's the problem isn't it, there's so many different offers you never know which is best lol. I like the $5 shower gel. I wanna get some of the hand foam this time. They're actually syrups. They're called Jordans Skinny Syrups they're $6 a bottle in the US but around £9 a bottle here! They 0 calorie syrups to add to coffee, desserts etc. It's free shipping over $59 but I keep thinking do I really need $59 worth 😂 I really begrudge paying postage anywhere.

I bet he'll surprise you! Caitlin surprised me going on ToT she was so anxious about it but she ended up really enjoying it and even went on a second time 😂 we had the rule of if Noah was tall enough everyone tried the ride. If he wasn't she could wait off with whoever was with Noah. It worked really well and she said she was glad we did that as there were rides she wouldn't have done and enjoyed like ToT xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
All change today. I shouldn’t be let loose with a credit card really!

So Disney published their park hours for April, I know, we are not doing disney this trip but it got me thinking...

On our last full day MK has emh till 2am. Hmm, not after hours but maybe a good option for a wee sneaky day/night at Disney?

So I started crunching the figures yesterday and worked out if we cancelled the extra passholder rate night at royal Pacific and booked 1 night at Disney in all star sports and a 1 day ticket we would only need to pay an extra £60 per head. We can also now use the tragical express back to the airport.

Lots of research, asking advice and speaking to df who was beyond excited at getting to spend a day and night at Disney and I booked it all this morning.

So here's what I've booked: One day tickets for Magic Kingdom and a 1 night stay at Pop.

I've even booked fastpasses for Thunder, Splash and Buzz. There were fastpasses available for 7d but we've not till very close to the end of the night so we might try it very late on into EMH.

I've tried to book a dinner but there's nothing brilliantly timed available. We probably won't arrive till after we have checked in so say 4pm and the fireworks are at 9.15pm.

Skippers at 4.35pm
Crystal Palace at 6pm
Liberty tree at 7.30pm

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 17 Mar 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Awesome development!

Has your friend been to MK before? If not then I would plump for Crystal Palace as it's such a fun experience. If she has then I'd go for Skippers as it was a brilliant meal for us last summer. Plus, it would likely be a quicker meal so more time for playing, depending on whether you order starters and puddings too!

It's really exciting and only 3 weeks until you fly. I'm getting excited for you, so you must be over the moon.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Awesome development!

Has your friend been to MK before? If not then I would plump for Crystal Palace as it's such a fun experience. If she has then I'd go for Skippers as it was a brilliant meal for us last summer. Plus, it would likely be a quicker meal so more time for playing, depending on whether you order starters and puddings too!

It's really exciting and only 3 weeks until you fly. I'm getting excited for you, so you must be over the moon.
I still can't decide if it's crazy or genius...

Thanks. She hasn't done any disney table service before. I'd be happy with any of the 3 it's just the timings that are concerning me.
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Oh wow I'm so excited for you! I did the same but my lot don't know

If fireworks are 9.15pm I'd probably aim for Crystal Palace. I haven't done any of the restaurants so can't comment on those.

That night at MK will be amazing xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Oh wow I'm so excited for you! I did the same but my lot don't know

If fireworks are 9.15pm I'd probably aim for Crystal Palace. I haven't done any of the restaurants so can't comment on those.

That night at MK will be amazing xx
Glad to see my craziness is in good company.

Just been reading your plans again, I’d missed your updates.

Love hard rock, just got APH rates for there for the summer. I hope your surprise goes down well, I’m sure it will.
Old 19 Mar 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Ah you are so naughty!

I also vote Crystal Palace as it it classic Disney to me.

I hope you enjoy Pop, we stayed there in 2014 and I genuinely loved it. I know you are only there for a place to lay your head but I think it has a lovely atmosphere.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Ah you are so naughty!

I also vote Crystal Palace as it it classic Disney to me.

I hope you enjoy Pop, we stayed there in 2014 and I genuinely loved it. I know you are only there for a place to lay your head but I think it has a lovely atmosphere.
I know 😂can’t help myself! To be fair ds and df are just as bad.

We actually got a 6pm dining reservation for Skippers today so I cancelled Crystal Palace. I love Skippers and it should be slightly less expensive.

We visited pop when we stayed at AOA a few years ago and it seemed nice. The new rooms look lovely. It will be nice to try it out a if free dining disappears I’ll be looking at spending more time at the value resorts.
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Yay well done on the skippers reservation I've heard rave reviews of there Xx