Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Jun 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Only doing 1 park for 1 day or not at all

Everything that i have ever known with Disney tells me that if i am only going to spend 1 day at a theme park then perhaps i should do Magic Kingdom.
Its extremely expensive to do one day and i have been many times so i am also thinking about saving almost £400 ( 4 people) and just going shopping and a bit of mini golf followed by Disney Springs.

I do feel that its not imperative to do a theme park as we are only in Orlando for 2 nights.

What would others do?
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

I personally can't go to Orlando without going to MK at least once. There is just something so magical about that place, the rest I could miss but not MK.
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

I think if the other 3 people in your group would like to visit MK then do it
One year just myself and dd went to MK for one day and Dh and ds did something else. Maybe splitting the group is an option.
Old 21 Jun 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I think in that situation I'd see if there is after hours event and book that. Quiet park that night and can just relax during the day.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We did HS and Epcot last year without dh and oldest DS, then we all did TL and the kids all went to IOA without us. I wouldn’t go to Orlando and not do any parks but would head to the coast and then do no parks! I am planning on doing this in the future x
Old 21 Jun 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

If you are only in Orlando for 2 nights I would do as you said , maybe shopping Disney springs etc or maybe add a water park too , though not sure how much one day tickets are . We did five nights with no parks , did crazy golf, wild florida, fun spot and the sealife, eye atrractions etc.
Old 21 Jun 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

It’s personal choice. I personally wouldn’t go to Orlando just to go shopping or Disney springs as neither of them are on my list of must do’s. I’d be spending the money (if it was affordable) on a day at MK. If you’re happy with shopping then go with that.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I'm guessing this is post or pre cruise , when we've used Orlando as a stopping point only we've done other things , maybe one of the Springs or Mount Dora or even a run out to the beach or a water park. The MK isn't worth £100 pp to us.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post

I'd pass. MK is like sardines in a can these days, how much will you be able to to do in one day?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

To make it clear we will be in New York for 3 nights then Washington DC for 4 nights before flying to Orlando and stay in DVC for 2 nights , then off to Gulf coast ( hopefully take in a Devil Rays game) and down to Sanibel island , Everglades and Miami and head home from there.
So its a packed holiday and the 2 nights in Orlando are because we dont want to land in Orlando and be gone next morning.

This is why i am not sure it is necessary to do Disney Park for that 1 day over a day doing what we never really do which is having a day just doing bits and bobs

However i might be tempted by after hours magic if it is on , as DVC members we get a pretty good discount on this

Edited at 06:53 PM.
antietam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List