Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Oct 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Las Vegas which hotel?

Looking to book Las Vegas for February 2020. Like the look of The Venetian, Palazzo at the Venetian and The Bellagio. Has anyone stayed at any of these hotels? Are they nice? Are they central. Literally just starting to have a look. The prices are all roughly the same give or take £30 so nothing in price, or would you suggest another hotel although don’t want cheap but happy with really nice not necessarily ultra luxurious. Thanks
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Stayed in a Bellagio penthouse suite last year, wonderful experience! I also like the cosmopolitan. Not stayed at Venetian /palazzo

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi we stayed at the signatures suits at the MGM , superb ! . We booked via home away. You can booke via different web sites or through MGM . Massive l,room with balcony overlooking swimming pool. Great big bedroom with ensuit with double sinks ,bath and big shower. Full small kitchen with separate WC.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

I have stayed at The Bellagio and Mandalay Bay

The Bellagio is a classic traditional styled resort about halfway on the main Vegas Strip. Cirque Du Soleil "O" show is the resident show in the onsite theatre. The other feature is the fountains at the front of the hotel, which every so often put on a show set to music.

The Mandalay Bay resort is located at the end of the strip. It is a a more modern beach resort theme and has a younger crowd than The Bellagio Resort. Cirque Du Soleil "MJ ONE" show is the resident show in the onsite theatre.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I’ve stayed at The Venetian, the standard rooms were great but I wasn’t a fan of the pool areas. I doubt that’d be a concern in February though. It’s a huge hotel and we timed that it took 15 minutes to get from the hotel room to the strip.

I do prefer the location of the Bellagio as it’s mid-way between walking up and down the strip. I’ve not stayed there but would certainly consider it, especially in a fountain view room.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I've only stayed at the Bellagio and that was 8 or so years ago, so can't say what its like now however I have a couple of observations.

1) Check in was like a production line. Must have been about 20 to 30 check in agents. I asked for a fountain view room and was told "you haven't booked a fountain view maam". And that was that. Very unwelcoming, didn't feel like checking into a £300 a night hotel. I refuse to use the bribe tactics that folk sometimes write about in blogs etc.

2) Our room was a Bellagio Suite. I specifically booked it as it had his n hers bathrooms (plus guest toilet) and it didn't disappoint. I had a jacuzzi and DH had a steam shower in his. It was a fab room!

3) I'm a bit out of touch, but I believe Las Vegas has some smoke free hotels now, but I don't know which they are. If we go back, I'd definitely go for one of those.
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Have stayed at both the Venetian and Bellagio. Absolutely loved both. Rooms at Venetian were better, but Bellagio is a better location mid strip. Would gladly stay at either again. In my opinion 2 of the best hotels on the strip. Any questions just ask.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
I've only stayed at the Bellagio and that was 8 or so years ago, so can't say what its like now however I have a couple of observations.

1) Check in was like a production line. Must have been about 20 to 30 check in agents. I asked for a fountain view room and was told "you haven't booked a fountain view maam". And that was that. Very unwelcoming, didn't feel like checking into a £300 a night hotel. I refuse to use the bribe tactics that folk sometimes write about in blogs etc.

2) Our room was a Bellagio Suite. I specifically booked it as it had his n hers bathrooms (plus guest toilet) and it didn't disappoint. I had a jacuzzi and DH had a steam shower in his. It was a fab room!

3) I'm a bit out of touch, but I believe Las Vegas has some smoke free hotels now, but I don't know which they are. If we go back, I'd definitely go for one of those.
Vdara is a lovely hotel and smoke free. All rooms have a fridge microwave and stove top. Gorgeous rooms. You can order extra shampoo etc and the little robot delivers them. So cute. Hotel smells gorgeous too. There is a walkway that connects it to Bellagio.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

We stopped at the Venetian in Feb 2018 and the Cosmopolitan Feb 2019.

The cosmopolitan every time for me. Don't get me wrong the Venetian is beautiful but the cosmopolitan just has the edge!
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Venetian is one of the few strip hotels I would never stay at again even if it were free dreadful experience.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List