Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Oct 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Norwegian air to LAX £240 1-way

I know it’s early days yet for October 2020 but I don’t think there will be many options for us up North other than an overpriced Virgin flight from Manchester direct to LA.

I’ve seen that Norwegian go from Gatwick on a 787 Dreamliner and are very well priced - currently £240 per person 1-way including meals and baggage.

Anyone flown with them?

Edited at 07:23 AM.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
danny68
Apprentice Imagineer

danny68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Mobile

Big fan. Flown several times to Europe and to Boston this year with them. Never had any issues. Found there planes to be newer than either BA or VA. Booked PE with them to San Francisco and return from LA next September.

Just make sure you book using a CC as there is a bit of uncertainty over there long term future.
2008 Port Orleans Riverside
2015 Terra Verde & RPR
danny68 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

If Heathrow is an option I usually only pay £400 ish for return flights to LA? We have recently mostly gone in October and April / May.
Old 22 Oct 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
If Heathrow is an option I usually only pay £400 ish for return flights to LA? We have recently mostly gone in October and April / May.
To be honest I’m open to anything direct so yeah Heathrow would be the next best option. I see Air New zealand fly direct there but unsure of anyone else.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by danny68 View Post
Big fan. Flown several times to Europe and to Boston this year with them. Never had any issues. Found there planes to be newer than either BA or VA. Booked PE with them to San Francisco and return from LA next September.

Just make sure you book using a CC as there is a bit of uncertainty over there long term future.
Really that’s a worry but yeah would book on cc anyway to be safe. Where does the uncertainty come from? I guess it’s not a company we would see many uk headlines for.
Old 22 Oct 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
To be honest I’m open to anything direct so yeah Heathrow would be the next best option. I see Air New zealand fly direct there but unsure of anyone else.
Loads of carriers, BA, VA, possibly one or two US carriers in addition to ANZ
Old 27 Oct 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
pjay
Trying for More Ears

Really that’s a worry but yeah would book on cc anyway to be safe. Where does the uncertainty come from? I guess it’s not a company we would see many uk headlines for.
If you have a read of the article below it explains why Norwegian may not be around for much longer. Definitely use a CC if you book just in case! forbes/sites/jamesas...rline-to-fail/
pjay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

Air New Zealand are ending their LHR - LAX service in Oct 2020, that will leave BA, AA, UA and VA flying the route direct from LHR. If your going from MAN you could try AF, KL, EI or LH as well the usual indirect airlines.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by braby View Post
Air New Zealand are ending their LHR - LAX service in Oct 2020, that will leave BA, AA, UA and VA flying the route direct from LHR. If your going from MAN you could try AF, KL, EI or LH as well the usual indirect airlines.
Thank you. That’s more than I thought direct from Manchester. Assuming KL is KLM what’s EI and LH? Having a thick moment 😁
Old 27 Oct 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by pjay View Post
If you have a read of the article below it explains why Norwegian may not be around for much longer. Definitely use a CC if you book just in case! forbes/sites/jamesas...rline-to-fail/
Interesting read. Sounds very unlucky in certain aspects.