Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Nov 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
No, they did have them on release day but I stupidly used WhatsApp and it took so long for them to reply the seats were gone.
Damn :/ they do release more though don't they? Have they just told you to keep trying on the phone? Hope you get sorted soon!
Old 3 Nov 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MissCellaneous View Post
Damn :/ they do release more though don't they? Have they just told you to keep trying on the phone? Hope you get sorted soon!
Yes basically they’ve said no one can release more seats (refuse to believe that) and just to keep checking. I’m considering asking them to essentially refund me and I’ll use the refund and miles plus money to book economy delight.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Did you not incur any problems.
It does seem to matter who you speak to.
I expressed concern to the first operative I spoke to at doing this as I said some operatives advise it can't be done. She spoke to ticketing dept confirmed it could then put copious notes on. spoke to a few after that as originally had them on reserve but they all read notes and seemed ok. when return flight was released and I rang up to add it on the guy wasn't even bothered and just did it straight off without even reading the notes. To be honest I've never had a problem doing this but definitely heard of people that have.
Old 6 Nov 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
looking on virgin today at retail prices i think we did really well at £1316 for the 2 of us upper class both ways with 2 companion flights and 70,000 miles in total. thats a saving of over £3500

mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

looking on virgin today at retail prices i think we did really well at £1316 for the 2 of us upper class both ways with 2 companion flights and 70,000 miles in total. thats a saving of over £3500

Sounds like this is your first UC?

It's only a saving of £3.5k IF you would buy the tickets at that price.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Stevelovesfl View Post
Sounds like this is your first UC?

It's only a saving of £3.5k IF you would buy the tickets at that price.
I agree, the better way to look at it is if you didn't have points would you still travel and if so would you have £3500 for UC, or dropped down to PE for say £1800 or even ECON for £800

If you would have still gone but had to go in economy because you wouldn't pay £1800+ for the tickets in a better cabin then the saving is only about £250 and a perk of a better service thrown in.

As you say it isn't saving £3500 unless you would have been happy paying £4000 without the points
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
I look at it as £3500 saved by having miles and companion rewards
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

I look at it as £3500 saved by having miles and companion rewards
My last BA club world redemption saved me over 10k on that basis. Going business class for economy money is enough justification for me.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List