Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 16 Jun 20, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Hi Cloverlady there are a couple of different beaches but I dont think you would get one to yourself I'm afraid! Sun loungers are free!
There are watersports that can be done but of course big bucks! Paragliding, jet skis and zip lining.
You can walk around or you can hop on little trolleys that go from the ship around the island all day. There are a number of bars including one you swim up to in one of the pools! Then there are different food outlets scattered around. If you have the drinks package then all your drinks on the island are included. They just scan your card. The day we were there on Mariner we were the only ship but I believe there can b 2 ships at day.
Love reliving the memories hopefully we will get back soon again too!
Thanks for this info Ciano, very useful! I was hoping for a little space to ourselves on a beach rather than a beach to ourselves, if only eh!
By the way, we have great memories of being on Mariner! We sailed on her from Singapore to Thailand and a couple of places in India finishing in Dubai. Ahhh yes, a fabulous time was had, lovely ship
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Ciano you are just the best 😁 thank you. I will look into that sounds like a better plan if we can drop off the car and collect another one. So our cruise is 4 nights. Monday -Friday.
So Maddox for 4 nights they will charge you 5 days so $75. Price the cost of car hire to drop and start a new hire see if it's worth it. We have always found Alamo to be best. Went with Avis year b4 last but wasn't impressed!
Old 16 Jun 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Thanks for this info Ciano, very useful! I was hoping for a little space to ourselves on a beach rather than a beach to ourselves, if only eh!
By the way, we have great memories of being on Mariner! We sailed on her from Singapore to Thailand and a couple of places in India finishing in Dubai. Ahhh yes, a fabulous time was had, lovely ship
Lol Cloverlady I read your post wrong! I was thinking that that one is very demanding looking for a beach to herself! I'm still laughing to myself! Am sure you will have no problem getting a patch of it!

Your cruise on Mariner sounds fab! We really liked her too. We had been on Harmony the year previous so we were wondering would we like it as much as it was a smaller ship but sure it was just great. We were meant to be on Symphony this year. Well and truly hooked now!
Old 16 Jun 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

So Maddox for 4 nights they will charge you 5 days so $75. Price the cost of car hire to drop and start a new hire see if it's worth it. We have always found Alamo to be best. Went with Avis year b4 last but wasn't impressed!
Good advice - also look at the cost of hiring for the whole of your stay and compare.
We've done this all 3 times we've sailed from Florida as it has worked out cheaper, even with the parking charges.
We found this worked well for us as it meant we could leave (nothing valuable!) stuff in the boot we didn't need for the cruise portion of our holiday and it was an absolute joy to be able to park at the nearest car park and literally stroll across the pavement to the actual ship!
In fact we laughed as we could see our car from our cabin balcony when onboard before we sailed!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Lol Cloverlady I read your post wrong! I was thinking that that one is very demanding looking for a beach to herself! I'm still laughing to myself! Am sure you will have no problem getting a patch of it!

Your cruise on Mariner sounds fab! We really liked her too. We had been on Harmony the year previous so we were wondering would we like it as much as it was a smaller ship but sure it was just great. We were meant to be on Symphony this year. Well and truly hooked now!
We thought we would find Mariner small, but was perfect really!
We particularly enjoyed the trivia quizzes in the Schooner Bar on board!

And about the beach - yes, I am demanding but not THAT demanding!
Old 16 Jun 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddox
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Yes will price up both but for the hassle we will probably keep the car and park. We usually book Alamo but found discount Florida with Andy cheaper for this year and booked with him no bother he books with Alamo too but only one driver. The cruises just sound amazing I have been looking into them for a long time so hopefully all will settle by next year and we all get to go on holidays again 🙂
I was looking at all the different cruise lines and just never settled but this one just seemed to tick all the right boxes..can't wait.

Edited at 07:47 PM.
Maddox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List