Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 21 Oct 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

2 questions, do you guys think all of SSR will be finished by August? And is it worth paying extra for a preferred room? Thanks.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
2 questions, do you guys think all of SSR will be finished by August? And is it worth paying extra for a preferred room? Thanks.

Kat
Latest is it may be finished (not sure of the efficacy of this view) by Spring. A combination of the new contractor and empty buildings meaning they can do many at once has meant it has really cracked on.

For what it’s worth Kat I would have the same dilemma. Because I would absolutely have to have a refurb room I personally would stick with preferred until we 100% know it’s done. You could book preferred, and I bet very close to the time you’d be able to get standard anyway in August (Covid shunted demand not known though) so maybe you could then amend it to standard.
I would however be very surprised if it wasn’t done by August.

For me only worth the extra for preferred if it’s refurb v non refurb- otherwise I wouldn’t pay preferred points.
Old 21 Oct 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
so does that mean Springs are all finished?
Yes I heard it was all done.
Old 21 Oct 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Hmm. This is interesting. We really want a 1 bed with separate beds for the girls. So I’m looking at OKW. But if the drop down bed at SSR is a decent size then these could be a good option too.

I’d only have points for a standard location though.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Hmm. This is interesting. We really want a 1 bed with separate beds for the girls. So I’m looking at OKW. But if the drop down bed at SSR is a decent size then these could be a good option too.

I’d only have points for a standard location though.
It’s the standard under TV Murphy Bev, I think it’s fine for teenagers unless they are 6ft tall.
Old 24 Oct 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Have booked preferred next august for 3 days. Never stayed at our home resort. Want to try the new rooms but I chose preferred as we aren’t doing the Disney parks in this trip so
Will be around the resort all day. I never had any interest in staying at SSR previously but the new rooms look great.
Old 27 Oct 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Update here-

dvcfan/2020/10/27/constr...gNUF4qdnBTejdI
Old 31 Oct 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Oh that’s good news - Paddock is where I’ve stayed last few times. I really hope we get to go on the next booked holiday. 3rd time lucky?
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ahh not sure what to do. 1 bed in our favourite SSR in Oct but standard view to request grandstand... hoping for a refurb. Or play it safe and book OKW 1 bed knowing it's done and bigger BUT we love SSR. Also only 6 nights so no time wasted finding our bearings
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Ahh not sure what to do. 1 bed in our favourite SSR in Oct but standard view to request grandstand... hoping for a refurb. Or play it safe and book OKW 1 bed knowing it's done and bigger BUT we love SSR. Also only 6 nights so no time wasted finding our bearings
OKW doesn’t take much to find the bearings on (it’s a main road with branch roads off) so I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

They said at the meeting the other day SSR is on track to finish next summer. Pending a disaster it will be done by October, they are really cracking on.

So I would be confident about the standard being done by October.

If you want it for October 1, you better book today as all studios on property gone, and only a few one beds left at SSR and OKW. Fine after the 1st though (anniversary).