Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 7 Nov 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

IHOP

Today we were up nice and early, we were heading to Universal Studios.

On the way there we stopped at IHOP for some breakfast.

We shared a breakfast combo

Bacon & Cheese Omelette

I love IHOP omelettes, they are always so tasty and nice and filling.

Pancakes with Nutella

These aren’t actually on the menu, but we just asked for regular pancakes with a serving of Nutella.

With two drinks, tax and tip with paid around $20.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

WWOHP

Once we arrived at Universal, we rode a few of the rides and then made our way round to Harry Potter, and of course had to get a frozen butter beer.

Butter Beer

These are about $6 you can pay a little extra for the souvenir glass, but I already one of these at home.

Daniel didn't get anything, he just tried a sip of mine and he said this was too sickly for him.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Lard Lad Donuts

My sister works in a bakery back home and often gets to bring some left over goodies home with her, which she donates to Daniel (she’s a fellow Slimming Worlder) Danie’s fave is sprinkled donuts, so he had to stop at Lard Lad for a treat.

I told him to get the Big Pink and save some for later, but he just opted for a little one.

Pink Donut

Went down well him.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 8 Nov 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Voodoo Doughnut

I had been desperate to try one of these since my trip to Universal Studios Hollywood last year, I was on a work trip and it was just before I was due to go on holiday so I was being a good girl and not eating donuts.

Voodoo Doll

I really didn't know what to go for as there are so many to choose from, so I chose this bad boy.

It was soo good. Quite sickly though, as it's pretty big we were also having an early dinner today so I donated some to Daniel.

I paid around $3.50 for this.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 8 Nov 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Cheesecake Factory

After we had finished at Universal, we wanted to do a bit of shopping and have an earlier dinner as we were heading to Epcot tonight to watch the new Epcot Forever Firework display.

We love cheesecake factory, and I already knew what I was getting as it was between either the Bang Bang chicken and shrimp or Chicken Louisiana Pasta.

As I had pasta for dinner last night I opted for the Bang Bang. We started with the free bread, but I wasn't able to snap this before everyone dug in.

Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp

One of my favourite dishes, reminds me sort of like a Thai Peanut Satay dish.

Also had to get some cheesecake to take back to the room, as I was too full.

White Chocolate Macadamia Cheesecake

I wanted to try a different flavour as I always go for a peanut butter flavour, I ate this over the course of a couple of days and it was gooood.

Its acceptable to eat cheesecake for breakfast on holiday...

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 8 Nov 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Epcot Fireworks

We had a fast pass booked for Soarin and also had time to ride Test Track first, and even once we had finished this we were still pretty early for the Fireworks so we had a wonder round some of the food and wine stalls (we were planning to come back and do this properly at a later stage)

Germany

Roast Bratwurst

This is served in a pretzel roll.

This was really delicious, we did share all our food here as we weren't that hungry, and I wouldn't recommend sharing this 1 because it's not a big enough portion to share, and 2. it's really yummy and you don't want to hand it over to the other person

France

Grey Goose Slushy

This is a favourite of mine from last time, we got these just before the fireworks started and I would not recommend trying to talk in a busy Epcot crowd whilst holding one of these, mission impossible and it's good too waste a drop.

We did also stop at the India booth to try the warm Indian bread with dips, as we got to the front and showed our receipt the chef saw our Happily Ever After pins, and asked us what we were celebrating, we told him we had just got engaged and he gave us one of each dish to try as a little congratulations , we ended up talking to him for a bit as we were so grateful and there was no queue. I didn't take any pictures here, but the food was lovely and were really touched by his act of Disney Magic.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 8 Nov 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Hollywood Studios

Today we woke up a lot later than usual, we headed straight to HS as we had fast passes booked for 10:30.

The best sign ever, makes me happy every time I see it:

We skipped breakfast and just grabbed some snacks round the park, frappes from Starbucks and some croissants.

After wondering around Galaxy edge, side note can I just say as a none Star Wars fan (not seen any of the films) Smugglers Run was AMAZING, honestly up the with one of the best rides I've been on, I am not usually a fan of simulator style rides, but this was so creative and I love how everyone has to get involved.

After this we then we shared a funnel cake.

Strawberry & Cream funnel cake - $8 roughly.

This was delicious as always, we shared it between the 4 of us and it was the perfect amount to fill a hole.

It was starting to get really hot now and the park was getting quite busy, so we decided to leave and head to Typhoon Lagoon for the afternoon.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 8 Nov 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Typhoon Lagoon

We had a leisurely afternoon round the waterpark and spent most of the time in the lazy river, we did a few of the water rides and grabbed some lunch from one of the kiosks.

We also grabbed a cocktail:

Typhoon Tillie

Another favourite, such a refreshing drink although this one was quite strong and I could really taste the alcohol, no complaints though.

We had a little chill in the apartment before heading out for dinner, and Daniel started to tackle the Cheetos, genuinely the biggest bag ever. I think it took us a week to eat these lol.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 8 Nov 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Kobe Japanese Steakhouse

So tonight we decided to give Kobe a try, we visited the one on I-Drive although I did contact prior to book us a table.

This was a new one for us, as we have never eaten here before. I was recommended to try here by someone on the Dibb and also Daniel’s family had visited here when they last came to Florida and told us we needed to go.

We ordered some drinks, we all had a couple of cocktails each.

Although I’ve never been to Teppan Edo, it’s very similar here. The chef cooks the food in front of you, we were on a table with about 6 other people. The chef asked all of us if we were celebrating and there were a couple there celebrating their birthday and then mum told them about our engagement.

We ordered from the Teppanyaki Menu, which is basically a set menu:

Soup
Noodles & Rice
Veggies
Your choice of meat

Daniel & I chose a mix of chicken and steak ours was around $33 per person.

Mum and dad chose the Filet Mignon and Lobster which was around $45 per person.

After we had finished our mains, they brought round a little cupcake and chef hat for us and the birthday boy.

The food in here was honestly amazing, one of the highlight meals of the holiday. I don’t know what they do to get the chicken so soft and tasty, but it was really delicious.

When I first saw the chef preparing the food, I was worried it wouldn’t be enough as it had to be split amongst all of us, but when it got plated up you have a massive portion each.

It was served at different times though, so by the time your meat was done if like me you can’t leave the food I didn’t have any rice left at this point.

For anyone eating off site, I would highly recommend this place to visit if there is a big group of you as you would all get your own personal chef.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 9 Nov 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Congratulations on your engagement Great report too.
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List