Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 22 Apr 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Potts
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
I wonder if the delays are for those people who booked through Travel Agents maybe? You have a second level of refund needed through TAs as in it gets refunded from company then TA refund in most cases so this could be why its taking a little longer than expected maybe or it is just the amount they are dealing with.
Hi

The refund I am waiting for is directly with Celebrity Cruises as I booked through them.
2005 - Pop Century
2006 - Pop Century
2007 - Pop Century
Mrs_Potts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
I wonder if the delays are for those people who booked through Travel Agents maybe? You have a second level of refund needed through TAs as in it gets refunded from company then TA refund in most cases so this could be why its taking a little longer than expected maybe or it is just the amount they are dealing with.
I think the industry has taken such a hit it’s just the sheer volume that’s causing the delays. If all their staff aren’t working then there’s less people to complete the admin etc.
arielrocks is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m waiting for a refund on a Cunard cruise that I should be on now. Booked directly with them an told it would take 60 days from 30th March when it was cancelled. Not optimistic they will meet that deadline though as my parents are still waiting for a refund on their Cunard cruise and that was due on Monday but still no sign of it.

I will sit tight because these are unusual times.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Nothing yet, our April 3rd cruise got cancelled on March 15th, we asked for refund, not credit note, I chased my travel agent on 17th April got told, you have a credit note coming... I said no we requested refund, she just said it will take time. We have had nothing from Celebrity. I am getting really frustrated! I have put a claim in with the card we paid on (Starling).
Finally got our refund today, feeling relieved.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Potts
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I had a phone call from Celebrity to say they had released the refund on Sunday so now just have to wait for it to appear in my account!
2005 - Pop Century
2006 - Pop Century
2007 - Pop Century
Mrs_Potts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m not overly impressed
With Iglu. We usually book directly but they had a very good price so went via them. They originally emailed on 30/3 to say cruise had been cancelled and would be in touch again. Then an email on 9/4 saying they were really busy etc etc. I emailed back on 30/4 (after the cruise was due to be back on dock) and didn’t hear back. So I tweeted them and they responded saying P and O will refund me directly. How? They don’t have any details etc and if I paid Iglu shouldn’t they refund me? I’d love to know, but now they aren’t responding to messages.

I will remain patient and wait... and wait... and wait... but wouldn’t book through an operator again maybe.
arielrocks is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

We cancelled our cruise with carnival lost deposit..shocking service cannot get an answer from them...some people saying 120 days for refund..carnival saying can’t or won’t give a time frame..
I’ve put it in the hands of credit card as seems no one has yet had a refund!
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
I requested a refund too for our cruise on 5th April, which was cancelled mid March, and was initially told it would be paid within 30 days. We booked through an agent though, so assumed we’d have to wait for it to go back to them, and then wait for them to refund it.

I contacted them after 5 weeks and was told that Celebrity were now taking up to 60 days to refund, so hopefully will get ours in the next week or so.
jocat is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

I decided to take the 125% cruise credit with DCL for May. Have rebooked for May next year now and noticed have had a refund on my cc presume for DME and next year's cruise is cheaper but a day longer. All in less than a week. Great service from TOAD.
Old 7 May 20, 05:44 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Finally got my refund from RCL today but the amount is considerably short to what I actually paid. Gone back to my agent at TOAD to query as I have had no confirmation confirming what they will be refunding, does anyone know if there is any part that is none refundable?
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List