Notices

View Poll Results: Who intends to visit a pub this weekend?
Yes - I will be visiting a pub this weekend 15 5.30%
No - I will not be visiting a pub this weekend 268 94.70%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Jul 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd happily go for something to eat but we don't have anywhere in walking distance.

We're not pub people and our local sports club is not allowing under 14s so we'd need s babysitter. We usually have a couple watching the cricket with the kids if weather nice.

So for now it's a no.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We aren’t due to finances, that’s the only reason.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Not me, we don’t go to the pub anyway 🙄would rather go to my local Costa when it opens 😢
We are seeing DGD’s 💕💕
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Derbydave4
Excited about Disney

Yes I will be going, we have been going to our local for over 20 years; we live in a small village and throughout lockdown we have been supporting the landlady by getting takeaways each week (along side most of the other regulars) and that has helped her get through this. The beer garden will be fully open but inside will be reserved tables only and drinks will be brought to the table. We will be sensible and self distance but am looking forward to meeting up and talking with friends

Edited at 12:00 PM.
Derbydave4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I can see the headlines already. Pubs over run and people over flowing into the street. No social distancing.
We have a pub about 10 mins walk away and they have been serving take away drinks. They have a car park but people are not allowed to use that , so you just see groups of people stood close together on the pavement drinking and chatting. Like 40 people in 30 foot of pavement. I don't want to be one of those people , so no pub for me yet.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post

if i used to go to pubs, i would happily go this weekend, afterall 4 reported cases in the whole of wiltshire

i am now thinking we have been sold a lemon on all this lockdown stuff
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Still very close... hard to call
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Getting Excited

Mobile

In Scotland so can't even if I wanted too, but if I could there is no way I would.

A socially distanced pint in a large beer garden would tempt me in a few weeks (if it isn't dreich and cold as is the norm).
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I would love to go to the pub this weekend but I know it’ll be so crowded so don’t see the point .
I’ll wait till the novelty wears off a bit and just get a refill for our Growler from the local tap room instead
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Not at the weekend , Monday lunchtime we might walk to a pub with a garden , I’m off and husband isn’t working til 10pm
I think the weekend itself will be a hot mess.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List