Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 16 Jul 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
Well we've packed the camper up and sodding off to Somerset tomorrow for the weekend. The weather looked good when I booked it on Monday and has gone downhill ever since. So thats telling me they're not sure on the weather. We will still be in shorts and flip flops but also take rain coat and hoodie. Oh well, 3 holidays abroad lost this year but I'm quite looking forward to Somerset 😊
Have a fab time 🤗
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes having hot sunny weather is the best option for most but i always say a holiday is what you make of it. Im going to my caravan for a week next week and its supposedly raining but its a break from my four walls and i cant wait.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Why would you plan a holiday in the UK? The last 6 weeks have been rubbish apart from a couple of days. I'll only part with my hard earned for a holiday guaranteeing warm sunshine. (Sorry just very grumpy having lost our March Benidorm and August Florida trips)
We have looked at getting away for a couple of days, prices are crazy.
Had a birthday golf weekend this weekend with the lads and family and yes Mr BBC weatherman tells me it's going to rain.

Grrrrrr
Where are you off playing golf? Half the time the weather forecasts are wrong anyway.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Where are you off playing golf? Half the time the weather forecasts are wrong anyway.
Blackpool 😊🏌️😎🤣
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Blackpool 😊🏌️😎🤣
Well, it's currently a bit overcast near Lytham and only light rain forecast for Sunday so far.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
fissycist
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are on holiday in West Dorset at the moment. We have had an amazing week with just one short shower since Saturday.
Today we spent all day walking in the hills and went down to the beach to look for fossils this evening. I kid you not it was so hot that I needed to paddle to cool down.
When we left at 7pm there were still lots of people swimming in the sea and we passed others coming down for a swim then.
I admit that the weather isn’t always this good but I would actually prefer it to be a bit cooler for walking so I am so glad it is going to be cloudy (but still dry) tomorrow.
We actually have more trouble with rain in Florida when we normally go in August.
fissycist is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachie
Apprentice Imagineer

This year was supposed to be our year to do some bucket list holidays...
We had a Caribbean cruise in late March, 10 nights in Spain in May, Turkey in June, Fjords cruise (would have been going on Saturday for my birthday) cruising the greek islands with Venice and Verona either end in Sept and a med cruise at the end of Oct. ALL cancelled
I can't believe how excited I am to be doing a night in Bournemouth followed by 3 nights in the New Forest next week! I'd take any kind of holiday at the moment to be honest
Rachie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

In all honesty we have booked to go to Dorset and Devon for 10 days and really looking forward to it. I don't particularly like the sun and don't do beach only holidays so have picked areas with things I want to look at or things to do.

It's a good opportunity to do something we have wanted to do for a while but would normally go abroad.

Plus we are helping the British economy...

Edited at 09:46 PM.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
scruffycharlie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have been camping in Cornwall the last 2 years, 10 nights in July and both years the weather has been fantastic.
scruffycharlie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 04:34 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

This thread made me smile, we live in a micro-climate village and our 'whether it will/won't be nice', even now, is so cool we briefly put the heating on to take the chill off. I remember a week in Northumberland in 2000 where it rained nigh on non stop and it was cold. Took an evening stroll on Lindisfarne, had coats, hats, scarves and gloves on, nipped into a pub to be greeted by a lovely log fire... the week was in August btw .