Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Aug 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andyroom View Post
Wonder when we'll be contacted individually
On the link I posted, it says about calling them. Have a little read, as I don't want you missing out. I imagine they can only move you if there is availability. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess_Mel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
I'm meant to be traveling from Ebbsfleet in November. Not been told that we can't yet. I assume they don't really know at the moment.

I'm lucky, I'm actually booked into NBC, so no messing around. But good free upgrade for others. It's just dealing with it. Xx
Ebbsfleet and Ashford are not opening yet and they didnt know when they would be...we managed to find the Eurostar agent information and apparently you can use the south eastern trains to go into st pancreas where the only service is running to and from... we only found this out as they changed our seats...No good for us as we booked particular seats because of my disability and they can't change the seats as they can't change any booking where the station wasn't open apparently... total nightmare and it just seems everything was telling us not to go lol! Lots of tears this afternoon but practically dealing with all the cancellation parts now xx
Old 18 Aug 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess_Mel
Very Serious Dibber

I'm meant to be traveling from Ebbsfleet in November. Not been told that we can't yet. I assume they don't really know at the moment.

I'm lucky, I'm actually booked into NBC, so no messing around. But good free upgrade for others. It's just dealing with it. Xx
This is from the Eurostar website...

Due to the impact of coronavirus Ashford & Ebbsfleet stations are currently closed. We’re focusing our timetable on routes between main cities, where we have the highest demand and so, we’re unfortunately unable to operate to and from all stations until further notice.

This means our Disney service won’t be able to stop at either of these stations but will operate to and from London St Pancras International from Sunday 2 August onwards.

If you have an Ashford or Ebbsfleet ticket, you’ll be able to board and leave the train in London. You don’t need to change your ticket, just see our colleagues on departure in London who will be able to check you in. We recommend arriving in London St Pancras 60 - 75 minutes before departure to allow plenty of time for ticket, security and passport checks. Ticket gates close 30 minutes before departure.

Departure and arrival times are as follows:

Train 9074

On Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays

Depart London St Pancras – 10:14

Arrive Disneyland Paris (Marne-La-Vallée) 14:03

Train 9057

On Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays

Depart Disneyland Paris (Marne-La-Vallée) 16:55

Arrive London St Pancras 18:47

Train 9057

On Mondays & Wednesdays

Depart Disneyland Paris (Marne-La-Vallée) 18:01

Arrive London St Pancras 19:46

If you need to travel with Southeastern to and from London St Pancras, please check the pre-travel email you’ll receive in the days before your journey.
Old 18 Aug 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess_Mel View Post
Ebbsfleet and Ashford are not opening yet and they didnt know when they would be...we managed to find the Eurostar agent information and apparently you can use the south eastern trains to go into st pancreas where the only service is running to and from... we only found this out as they changed our seats...No good for us as we booked particular seats because of my disability and they can't change the seats as they can't change any booking where the station wasn't open apparently... total nightmare and it just seems everything was telling us not to go lol! Lots of tears this afternoon but practically dealing with all the cancellation parts now xx
Omg! I've had the same issue with Eurostar! Pointed out that they managed to change our seats while the station is closed! Lol!

I chose specific seats to help with my Mum's (hidden) disability, and also paid for Premier. They said the station manager can help on the day, or it can be sorted when the station reopens.

I also said that as they're selling seats still, someone could book a seat which is more suitable for us, which is unfair as we booked on release day! Also got moved off a table for two. 😡
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

This is from the Eurostar website...

Due to the impact of coronavirus Ashford & Ebbsfleet stations are currently closed. We’re focusing our timetable on routes between main cities, where we have the highest demand and so, we’re unfortunately unable to operate to and from all stations until further notice.

This means our Disney service won’t be able to stop at either of these stations but will operate to and from London St Pancras International from Sunday 2 August onwards.

If you have an Ashford or Ebbsfleet ticket, you’ll be able to board and leave the train in London. You don’t need to change your ticket, just see our colleagues on departure in London who will be able to check you in. We recommend arriving in London St Pancras 60 - 75 minutes before departure to allow plenty of time for ticket, security and passport checks. Ticket gates close 30 minutes before departure.

Departure and arrival times are as follows:

Train 9074

On Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays

Depart London St Pancras – 10:14

Arrive Disneyland Paris (Marne-La-Vallée) 14:03

Train 9057

On Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays

Depart Disneyland Paris (Marne-La-Vallée) 16:55

Arrive London St Pancras 18:47

Train 9057

On Mondays & Wednesdays

Depart Disneyland Paris (Marne-La-Vallée) 18:01

Arrive London St Pancras 19:46

If you need to travel with Southeastern to and from London St Pancras, please check the pre-travel email you’ll receive in the days before your journey.
I saw that, but not sure how we'd be covered, cos we live on the South Coast, we go from Ebbsfleet to avoid travel into London, and also its smaller.

I'm not sure our Eurostar tickets would cover Portsmouth - London, as it's not Southeastern, I think it's SouthWestern. 😂😂 Couldn't even make it up! X
Old 18 Aug 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess_Mel
Very Serious Dibber

Omg! I've had the same issue with Eurostar! Pointed out that they managed to change our seats while the station is closed! Lol!

I chose specific seats to help with my Mum's (hidden) disability, and also paid for Premier. They said the station manager can help on the day, or it can be sorted when the station reopens.

I also said that as they're selling seats still, someone could book a seat which is more suitable for us, which is unfair as we booked on release day! Also got moved off a table for two. 😡
It's really awful isn't it? We booked a table for 2 and they moved us into seats where I cannot get in and out easily at all with my crutches, and in the middle of the coach when I need to pop to the loo at least twice a journey, and away from the disabled toilet! (MS and a totally knackered leg full of metal now from an accident a few years ago...) We also booked premium and they told us there was nothing they could do at all - kind of a polite "tough"... I think Eurostar are annoyed they had to do refunds and moving as in march we were told tough and our loss... and then suddenly changed plans when the media got involved... this is hard on everyone, they don't need to be so rude as we have found
Old 18 Aug 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

It's really awful isn't it? We booked a table for 2 and they moved us into seats where I cannot get in and out easily at all with my crutches, and in the middle of the coach when I need to pop to the loo at least twice a journey, and away from the disabled toilet! (MS and a totally knackered leg full of metal now from an accident a few years ago...) We also booked premium and they told us there was nothing they could do at all - kind of a polite "tough"... I think Eurostar are annoyed they had to do refunds and moving as in march we were told tough and our loss... and then suddenly changed plans when the media got involved... this is hard on everyone, they don't need to be so rude as we have found
They had to issue a refund to me for a May trip, cos I banged on at them. Myself and my friend were meant to be going, and we both work in different nursing homes, so it's difficult to match up annual leave, so couldn't commit to be able to rebook within their time frame.

Used Resolver, not sure if it was that which helped, but I was just relentless with saying I didn't want a voucher. So in the end they refunded fully.

P.S You literally booked the exact same as me, with the table, exit, toilet, all right there... now seats next to each other, making it difficult. The lady on the phone asked if only one seat needed moving. 😂😂 But she was also baffled and had to email a supervisor to find out why she couldn't even move our seats. She emailed me the next day to tell us exactly what you've also been told. X

Edited at 05:46 PM.
Old 18 Aug 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess_Mel
Very Serious Dibber

They had to issue a refund to me for a May trip, cos I banged on at them. Myself and my friend were meant to be going, and we both work in different nursing homes, so it's difficult to match up annual leave, so couldn't commit to be able to rebook within their time frame.

Used Resolver, not sure if it was that which helped, but I was just relentless with saying I didn't want a voucher. So in the end they refunded fully.
Good for you Hubby works for TFL so we use a different system to book eurostar (it's a staff system) and it doesn't accept voucher codes so they had to issue a refund to him... this whole issue is a total mess for all of those involved
Old 18 Aug 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Andyroom
I want to go now!

I'm thinking of cancelling, for the second time this year! :-(
Maybe 2021 will bring me more luck?!?
Andyroom is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess_Mel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Andyroom View Post
I'm thinking of cancelling, for the second time this year! :-(
Maybe 2021 will bring me more luck?!?
I'm think 2021 can't be as bad as 2020 surely lol!