Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 14 Oct 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
I was shocked how badly they all did with the first task!
Yes even I can make Brownies, should of stuck to a simple Brownie recipe
Old 14 Oct 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I’m just catching up now. The young guy’s batter looked good but other than his, they all looked like pretty bad brownies!
Haven’t seen the judging yet

*’too much cinnamon.’

So why the need to ask what spice was in it? If there’s too much surely he can tell what it is

Edited at 08:27 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 04:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
I was shocked how badly they all did with the first task!
We were too - a case of trying too hard. We said if one of them had done plain old brownies they would have won that task.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

I didn't think anyone was talking much about Bake Off anymore. Great to read what you're all thinking about it.

I'm still enjoying it, but does the standard these days seem lower compared to a few years ago? And I don't just mean the brownies!

We gave up on Extra Slice a while ago, mainly because of Tom Allen. The original smaller slice on BBC was funnier.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside

Edited at 06:13 PM.
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
I didn't think anyone was talking much about Bake Off anymore. Great to read what you're all thinking about it.

I'm still enjoying it, but does the standard these days seem lower compared to a few years ago? And I don't just mean the brownies!

We gave up on Extra Slice a while ago, mainly because of Tom Allen. The original smaller slice on BBC was funnier.
I was saying to my daughters, just a couple of days ago, that the standard this year seems way down on previous years. I’m glad it’s not just me that thinks so!

Edited at 07:16 AM.
Universal VR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
I was saying to my daughters, just a couple of days ago, that the standard this year seems way down in previous years. I’m glad it’s not just me that thinks so!
They are usually really good to excellent bakers - this year some of them seem barely competent?
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

I was saying to my daughters, just a couple of days ago, that the standard this year seems way down in previous years. I’m glad it’s not just me that thinks so!
Do you think they're too concerned with casting "characters"? And with having drama? (If so, I don't know why, there were always interesting characters and there was always drama! Baked Alaska anyone?)

I also preferred it when the bakes were a bit more straightforward and done well and not always themed around 'your best day/memory/celebration/holiday etc. etc.'!

I still enjoy it, though.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I heard they had to live apart from their families for weeks. I wonder if there were a lot of possible candidates that weren’t prepared to do that. So instead of having the best, they’ve got those that were good enough and prepared to leave their families?
Old 17 Oct 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

I heard they had to live apart from their families for weeks. I wonder if there were a lot of possible candidates that weren’t prepared to do that. So instead of having the best, they’ve got those that were good enough and prepared to leave their families?
Good point!

They're a nice bunch of people, though.

Edited at 09:35 PM.
Old 6 Nov 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Anyone still watching?