Old 15 Sep 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Blackpool Hotels

Morning Gang!

I’m going to preface this by saying I maybe asking for the world here.

Essentially, we want to visit Blackpool overnight to see the lights. It’s a good while since I stayed in Blackpool, and I didn’t have kiddos in tow either - remember those days when you just decided to rock up to the first B&B you came to for a weekend on the pop?

Anyhow, my Mum has found a deal on the Warbreck, however the reviews are atrocious so I’m looking for something else, and I’m hoping you guys may have some recommendations.

There are 7 of us altogether (we are within the bubble rules I promise), me, my parents, brother and SIL along with the 2 kids (aged 5 and 2).

We want to do a Saturday night in November. We literally plan on doing the lights, fish and chips followed by donuts on a windy cold beach etc.

I’ve looked at the DIBB famous Big Blue, but between furloughs and all the other rubbish going on, it’s out of our budget for this trip. Plus we wouldn’t be getting our monies worth from the facilities either.

We’re happy with hotels, or B&Bs. We really don’t mind so long as it’s safe and clean, we just don’t have a huge budget.

Does anyone have any recommendations they could suggest at all?

Thanks in Advance
Gill
Old 15 Sep 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We've booked The Village. It's a bit further out so we're planning to just go into the town during the day, drive through the lights when it goes dark and then back to the hotel. We'll then have a drink back at the hotel and hopefully it'll be a bit quieter than town.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
We've booked The Village. It's a bit further out so we're planning to just go into the town during the day, drive through the lights when it goes dark and then back to the hotel. We'll then have a drink back at the hotel and hopefully it'll be a bit quieter than town.
Thank you! I’ll have a look. We wanted to stay further in, but thinking about it were probably better somewhere a bit quieter with the kiddos
Old 15 Sep 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post

We stayed a night at The Ruskin the other week.
Very Central, near the Tower.

ruskinhotel/

We booked a Premier King room on the top floor. Just did room only so can’t comment on the breakfast. There are loads of cafes around offering food quality cheaper breakfast.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Bedford hotel on the front ...pretty decent and cheap ..plus has an indoor pool
Manc1979 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We usually stop in a premier inn, there’s a few to choose from in Blackpool .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
shelly
Imagineer

shelly's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 24

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 42
Guidebook Reviews: 5
We came back from Blackpool last night! Stayed at the boulevard hotel next to the pleasure beach. We really enjoyed staying there. The beds were comfy, we had a sea view but no noise from the street at all. We paid the majority with Tesco vouchers so it was quite cheap for us. We would defo stay there again.
shelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Hampton by Hilton - next to Big Blue at that end of the prom - about 2 or so years new and you get free breakfast there - my go to hotel when visiting family there
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
shelly
Imagineer

shelly's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 24

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 42
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Mobile

Also, just to warn you... hardly anyone cared about wearing masks and social distancing. Trams were busy, the south pier was awful (we lasted about 2 mins on there), we went into own on Saturday and it was crazy. Coral island was the only amusements that was limiting people and doing temp checks/track and trace.
The pleasure beach was good though. Most people following rules, although we did hear some people arguing back when asked to wear masks.
We just sanitized more often and kept our masks on constantly and tried to keep away from others as much as we could.
Old 15 Sep 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
Hampton by Hilton - next to Big Blue at that end of the prom - about 2 or so years new and you get free breakfast there - my go to hotel when visiting family there
I second that, we stayed there in March and it's a lovely hotel. The free breakfast was excellent.

excitedbunny79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List