Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Oct 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
CJC
Very Serious Dibber

Family split over RPR and Aventura?

We are family of 4 adults and want FOTL passes etc for 4 nights onsite at Universal but dont want to stay in same room! To save money Considering booking 1 RPR Club room (which we love) and say 4 adults staying (albeit only two) to get Front of the Line etc. Then book adult kids into Aventura, so they can walk to/from RPR to meet us and access club level.
Thought about endless but looks like too far away and not walkable!

Has anyone done this? Any issues? Any suggestions I havent considered?

Thanks in advance.
CJC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We did something similar when our son and his girlfriend came with us 4 years ago.
We had 2 nights at RPR where DH and myself stayed our son and his girlfriend went back to the apartment on I drive at night
Old 11 Oct 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

Similar to the above - went to the desk with a couple of friends who got their keys and then they went back to the villa at the end of the night. Wasn't a problem - not sure they have a way to check it really.
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
flutterby
slightly serious Dibber

We done this last year and it worked fine. Husband and I stayed at RPR and daughter and boyfriend were in Aventura. They really enjoyed the hotel, got a high up room and they went to Volcano bay early morning then met us in the parks later on our second day. We also parked the car at Aventura as it was cheaper than RPR. Checked them into Aventura first, walked to RPR and checked us all in there for our FOLP.
Old 12 Oct 20, 05:50 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Aventura is actually a fantastic hotel, we really liked it there. You can walk to RPR in 2 minutes as it’s basically across the driveway. Aventura guests can also take the boat to the parks. Aventura is literally steps from the security for Volcano Bay. We also enjoyed the walkway to Universal from Aventura/ RPR and Aventura has a very cool bar on the roof.
Old 12 Oct 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

That's a great idea. Aventura to RPR is literally a few minutes. Come out of Aventura, pass Sapphire Falls and pick up the garden path to RPR.

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Emma & Lloyd View Post
That's a great idea. Aventura to RPR is literally a few minutes. Come out of Aventura, pass Sapphire Falls and pick up the garden path to RPR.
I was getting mixed up between Sapphire Falls and RPR, thanks for correcting me. Yes it’s not far on the garden path.
Old 12 Oct 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Video of entire garden path from Aventura.

Old 13 Oct 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Video of entire garden path from Aventura.

We have booked 2 weeks at Aventura for sept 2021
Looks a good hotel and 1/2 the price of Disney's value hotels
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I was getting mixed up between Sapphire Falls and RPR, thanks for correcting me. Yes it’s not far on the garden path.
It's even quicker if you go into Sapphire Falls, down the stairs and pick up the path by the boat dock to walk to RPR and the added bonus of no roads to cross. That's the way me and DD walked to the parks when staying at SF, it takes less than 10 minutes to IOA that way.