Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Oct 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile Parasailing Accident in Rhodes.

It a sad sign of the times that I don't think this has been mentioned on here.
Three English teenagers on a family holiday, storm got up and sail became unattached and crashed down onto rocks, two kiilled and one seriously injured. Absolutely heartbreaking. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has happy memories of seeing their children enjoying this apparently safe holiday treat.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

It is heartbreaking. I know it’s something that my eldest would love to do if we’d have been on holiday there. It could so easily happen to anyone. 😢
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I was so sad to see this on the news today, just cannot imagine what that poor family is going through! 😓😓😓

I love watersports, and have always been keen to go jet skiing, etc on holiday, but, I am wary now as we had a bad experience in croatia, on an inflatable sofa, the boat driver went too fast ans made it bump so hard, that my youngest son and I slammed heads, I honestly thought our skulls were cracked, my sunglasses went into my head, causing a split, and the driver just shrugged and disappeared afterwards.

I hope they get to the bottom of what happened here.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 06:59 PM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Heartbreaking.

To be honest I didn’t realise that young teenagers would be allowed on this kind of thing , certainly not without an adult ( not that it would have changed the outcome )

I have always thought that anything like this should have two ropes - it just needs an issue like this to be fatal when it need not be

At least the parents didn’t witness it ( surprised they weren’t there to watch or to supervise the transaction or vet the operators ) but reading how the parent fainted when she saw her sons injuries , not knowing that her other child and niece were already dead

At least the operator handed himself in , but it does beg the question if the weather was that bad ( albeit changed rapidly seemingly ) why the trip wasn’t aborted ( of course hindsight is a wonderful thing )
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Heartbreaking.

To be honest I didn’t realise that young teenagers would be allowed on this kind of thing , certainly not without an adult ( not that it would have changed the outcome )

I have always thought that anything like this should have two ropes - it just needs an issue like this to be fatal when it need not be

At least the parents didn’t witness it ( surprised they weren’t there to watch or to supervise the transaction or vet the operators ) but reading how the parent fainted when she saw her sons injuries , not knowing that her other child and niece were already dead

At least the operator handed himself in , but it does beg the question if the weather was that bad ( albeit changed rapidly seemingly ) why the trip wasn’t aborted ( of course hindsight is a wonderful thing )
When mine did it at about 13 and 11 possibly Dave did go in the boat and take photos but I can't remember if that was his choice or essential. We think we were in Majorca when they did this.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve just seen this, absolutely awful.

I can’t stop thinking about those poor children, and how terrified they must’ve been.
Old 29 Oct 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Absolutely heartbreaking, I'm sure many of us have let our kids have a go at these kinds of activities on holiday, I know I have. Thoughts are with the family, senseless waste of young lives.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Hadn't heard about this but my goodness it's so sad absoloutely hearbreaking 😥
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

Read about this earlier today absolutely heartbreaking.

Made me think about when my son and his cousin went on one in Tenerife they were 14 and 13 at the time. Like Sue think the dads went in the boat to take photos.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I read that the line had been cut & police were investigating the incident. Very strange that 3 young people were allowed to do this with no parents there to check things out.
RIP those that died. Hopefully there will be more answers in time.