Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

View Poll Results: When do you put the tree up?
By 1st Dec 124 38.75%
By 7th Dec 101 31.56%
By mid Dec 83 25.94%
By Christmas Eve 12 3.75%
Voters: 320. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Oct 20, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Ours goes up on the first weekend in December. It is always down by New Years Eve in order to start the New Year afresh.

I do confess that we do have a dress rehearsal Christmas Dinner, Turkey, Roast Pots, Carrots and Parsnips, Broccoli Cheese, Gravy, Cranberry Sauce, Stuffing, Piggies and Yorkshire’s around October. Sometimes we even have crackers if any have been left over.
It is our favourite meal and therefore it seems silly to only have it once in a year!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 05:20 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I grew up in a home where the tree went up late Christmas Eve so as children it magically appeared for the first time Christmas morning . Mum decorated it after we were in bed. Always a real tree and stayed up til twelfth night or until the needles fell off whichever happened first (usually the needles). We always used to go into town to buy it at the market on Christmas Eve (and always satsumas and chestnuts) and bring it home... on the bus !
Nowadays all the real trees seem to be sold out at least a week before the big day so if I want a real tree then it’s up about ten days ahead , rarely stays up beyond new year though. Trees are better for not shedding needles nowadays though I love the smell of a real tree, that’s my Christmas smell.

Edited at 05:23 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilminx
Excited about Disney

I know people that already have their trees up! I think this year people are just looking some cheer. I will most likely put mine up last week of Nov this year to try and bring a small bit of joy to a very dull depressing year

2020 victim of Covid
Lilminx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Woohoobb
Excited about Disney

I’m going to put mine up on Sunday 😀 I’ve got to desensitise my twin 1 year olds from constantly pulling on it! So it will go up with lights on and then I will probably put decs on last week of November.
Still haven’t decided which tree to get out. We normally have 3 about the house but with the smalls I feel like that’s asking for trouble! Merry Christmas everyone! 😉
Woohoobb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
When our kids were at home it was always first weekend in December. Its now middle of December. Our local TV news were featuring a local family who had put all their Christmas decorations up last week, fair enough, but I don’t think it’s really a news story!
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Ours usually goes up sometime in November, I like it to be done for when the kids start their advent calendars. Its got absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I cant actually wait until December. Nothing at all 🙈🤣
I usually put the tree up undecorated for a few days, we have cats so I'd rather they got their issues with the tree out of the way before the lights and decorations went on 🙄

Last year it went up before we went to florida at the end of November, I cant believe the difference in this year and last year
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Ours usually goes up the last weekend of November so it’s ready for December 1st but might be tempted to do it a bit earlier this year. I do love getting up in the mornings and just sitting for five minutes with the tree lights twinkling before anyone else gets up.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

The 1st December or if that date lands on a week day we put everything up the weekend before. My husband need put decorations up outside etc plus we decorate all rooms downstairs so we need a full day! My husband gets up really early and blasts Christmas music!
The kids love this day 😍😍
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Weekend between 3rd (DS’s Birthday- doesn’t like the tree up on his birthday) and 9th (DD’s Birthday - does like the tree up).

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

We have got later and later each year so I'll make an effort to get it up weekend before, last year was Xmas eve