Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Feb 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes done it lots. Mostly weekend breaks in Barcelona when my sister used to live there, and 2 nights in Rome for sightseeing. Caught an early flight day 1 and the last flight of the night on day three.
It was fantastic and we saw everything. Did the same for Athens. Have done it several times since popping over to Sitges for a beach break to stay in my sisters house. They are lovely ways to recharge the batteries and make you feel refreshed.
It often takes me longer to reach my family in Cheltenham a mere 234 miles away than it takes me on the flight to Spain!

Edited at 10:14 AM.
CarolynU is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
WendyWilson
Imagineer

WendyWilson's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Absolutely! I went to Tenerife in November for 2 nights for an 80's night at the Hard Rock Hotel - it was fantastic. Okay, it was a 4 1/2 hour flight which is quite long but great fun and I'd do it again.

I'm off to Lisbon on Friday for 2 nights (there are 14 of us going in total). We take a short break every year just for the heck of it and usually only go on a 2 hour ish flight - you can spend this stuck on a motorway at the weekend! The weather is great, there's some lovely sights to see, the food is lovely, it's something different and then we're back at home in time for work on Monday They are cheap and cheerful and just perfect to break up the year.
Old 19 Feb 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Absolutely i would i am always looking for cheeky trips away 😊

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Definitely not no. But I hate travelling.
Old 20 Feb 20, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

The ultimate short trip is no longer possible... Concorde to Barbados for 2-3 hours on the beach with lunch then fly back same day. If you lived in London and close to LHR you could leave home around 06:00 and be back by 22:00 same day.

Read a trip report on it at the time. Would have loved to give it a go.
gl20 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Yep.

Did it last year.

We drove down to Southampton to get on the P&O Ventura for 2 nights, Christmas market in Brugge the next day, black tie dinner, 2 stage shows and a great cruise...

then drove up to Gatwick and flew out to Fuertventura for 2 nights. Relaxing on the day beds, sea view balcony, relaxing dinners.

Back home. Felt like we'd been away for weeks, totally relaxed and loved the contrast.

Life's too short to not live it.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridababy16
Trainee Dibber

Quite a contrast in replies. I have decided not to bother. I have been to the likes of Dublin, Paris and Amsterdam etc for 2 nights as they are short flights but I cannot be bothered with the fuss for the sake of 2 nights. Its a 4 hour flight plus the faff times at the airport. Miserable I know but have decided to put the cash saved towards my new bathroom plans
Floridababy16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mumx3
Imagineer

mumx3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes i would on a 2hr flight like Paris but no to a 4hr to Tenerife. Also only if from my local airport which is less than 1hr away, any further then no.
2003 Xmas..Blue Tree Resort..2007 Xmas..Villa Kissimmee..2008..Mauritius..2009..Marriott Cypress Harbour..2010..CA Road Trip & Xmas in Vegas..2012..Xmas Mauritius..2013.Mauritius..2014.Poland..2015..Canada
2016..New York. & Lanzerote..2017.Caribbean cruise.. 2018..Prague...2018 Turkey...2019 Dubai..2019 India
mumx3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List