Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers - Let's do Halloween! Sept/Oct 2019. Day 4

Day 6

We woke at 9.30 today which was lovely. We stuck to our normal routine & then head out about 10am. Todays plan was to head to St Petes beach for a bit of a swim & some lunch in the sun. Aaron also wanted to stop at a 5.11 store in Tampa on the way down.

All was going well with the journey until I heard Edith make a gagging sound, I turned around and she had been sick everywhere. Meh. We pulled over at the first garage we could find and cleaned her up. I ended up throwing her outfit in the bin, re dressing her & using numerous baby wipes to clean her car seat. She seemed ok in herself so we made the decision to carry on. Luckily, there weren’t any more signs of illness for the rest of the day. I think it was maybe that she had drunk too much milk a bit too quickly, teamed with the longer car journey.

I stayed in the car with Edith while Aaron and Laura went into his shop. They spent about 30 minutes in there & he came out happy with a few new tshirts, patches and a massive thermal drinking cup. We carried on to the beach & luckily managed to find a parking spot in the public parking lot. We paid $30 for a cabana that fit 3 sunbeds in & then all head off for a swim in the sea. It was so clear & warm. After a while, we were all getting peckish so we dried off a bit, popped some clothes on and decided to eat at Bongos Beach Bar at the Grand Plaza hotel. This is where Aaron and I have stayed before when we have visited St Pete’s so we know the food is good.

The hotel looked close from where we were. I have just Googled the distance & it was only half a mile. My God it felt longer, the decision to walk to Bongos will go down in history as one of the worst decisions I have ever made! It was about 90 degrees, the sand was burning our feet, Edith was screaming and insisting on being carried only by me which was really difficult because of her floatation suit, the sand was so soft we couldn’t walk properly, Aarons flip Flop broke half way and by the time we did make it, we are all absolutely drenched in sweat and in the worst mood imaginable. It was horrible. We got seated pretty quick and the waitress thankfully got us all some iced water & Edith some milk as soon as she saw us which was so appreciated! We all managed to cool down a bit and regroup.

The service from that point onward went downhill and our waitress was sooo slow but we all ordered food which was nice & just sat and relaxed whilst planning out walk back to the cabana when the time came. We decided that Laura and I would take Edith via to road and that Aaron would walk in the water as he now only had one shoe and the sand was far too hot to walk on barefoot.

I had a Pulled Pork sandwich, Laura had Chicken Tacos and Aaron had a burger. We got a kids Mac & Cheese for Edith.

Back & the cabana, Laura decided to sit and relax in the sun while Aaron and I took Edith back in the water. We had a lovely swim for an hour or so before heading out of the water at about 5pm. We all got dressed and jumped in the car for the easy journey back to the hotel. Edith slept the whole way back which was lovely. We freshened up back at the hotel and then took the brave decision with it being a Saturday evening to head to Disney Springs.

I popped into Zara first for a look at the kids stuff, they had some absolutely beautiful bits so I spent a bit too much money stocking Edith up with a winter wardrobe.

Laura bought her nephew a Spider Man hat from the Marvel shop & we head to Blaze for pizza. Laura shared a bit of mine and Edith wasn’t interested. I had allll the toppings, mozzarella, goats cheese, peppers, onions, garlic, spinach, artichoke…. Aaron had similar except he has pepperoni. They were absolutely delicious as always!

We were back home & in bed at about 11pm.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Wow what a long day, you did well to keep going!
I’m glad Edith wasn’t too ill, it’s always a worry with little ones.
St Pete’s sounds lovely, a nice break from the parks

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Glad Edith didn’t have any lasting effects from being sick.

Had to laugh at the walk down the beach description!

Sounds like a really good day.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Wow what a long day, you did well to keep going!
I’m glad Edith wasn’t too ill, it’s always a worry with little ones.
St Pete’s sounds lovely, a nice break from the parks
St Pete's is beautiful, our favourite spot on the Gulf Coast.

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Glad Edith didn’t have any lasting effects from being sick.

Had to laugh at the walk down the beach description!

Sounds like a really good day.
That beach walk, blegh!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A nice day on the beach apart from the long hot walk

Joan
Old 26 Oct 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I feel your pain with the walk to Bongos. You did really well to head into DS after a day at the beach. Awful job to be cleaning up sick but pleased was ok the rest of the day, I’m sure she enjoyed being at the water.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List