Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Nov 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I would agree. But I think everyone would agree that dogs shouldn’t be left to bark all day, attack people etc, run up to people...
...But many are.

Whether it be fireworks or dogs - obviously some people are very considerate, but many are not and where dogs are concerned it's all year round.

Maybe, we need greater regulations regarding fireworks and regarding dog ownership.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
kenzo
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
My daughter has severe mental health issues so I have been there , yet still see the bigger picture

I am genuinely sorry for all injuries etc
I haven’t at any stage dismissed them

As I said where do we stop ?
I hope next time you get in the car , you consider the impact of those many many more who have died or been severely injured in car crashes

Or when you get on a plane etc

Or when you play any sport ? Or have a drink ?
Not really the same though is it, cars are a necessity to the majority as is travel by air, not just for the entertainment, there is no necessity to fireworks and as I have said I have nothing against the professional organized displays, but I do understand the impact joe bloggs letting them off left right and center, i honestly can’t see why people see the problem with it, go to a big display and see the amazing fireworks, there is no need in this day and age to have them anywhere else, 5 big displays around us on different nights more than enough opportunity to go and see them, for once I think social media is working in the favor of good, it’s getting out there what people/animals are having to endure and it’s getting more and more prominent each year which shows the problem is getting bigger
And as for playing sport, I’m not sure where you are going with that one
kenzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

This weekends is cancelled due to the heavy rain we have had and forecasted rain..
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

The problem with fireworks people have at home is the hours they go on for too.

The ones round us started at 5pm tonight, others have gone off since and they’re going off now, plus it can and often does go on until gone 11pm, different houses letting off fireworks at varying times.

So could end up 6 hours or more a night of random fireworks going off.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
The problem with fireworks people have at home is the hours they go on for too.

The ones round us started at 5pm tonight, others have gone off since and they’re going off now, plus it can and often does go on until gone 11pm, different houses letting off fireworks at varying times.

So could end up 6 hours or more a night of random fireworks going off.
My advice
Grab yourself a drink , plonk yourself by an upstairs window and enjoy the fact they are on for many hours - and free !
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Well we were all finished by 6.30. Made sure we did them early so as not to disturb the little girl next doors bedtime. 👍🏻 My son absolutely loved them. 😃

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Just back from the display at our school and it was lovely, really enjoyable.

I'm one who thinks it should be organised displays only as you can work round them. It's the randomness of the ones in the back gardens that make it so difficult for so many. I also think that the size of many people's gardens isn't conducive to fireworks, the space is just too small.
Old 5 Nov 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well I am watching Emmerdale while what sounds like a war zone is raging outside. Just had to turn the tele up. Dog and baby next door both quiet bless them.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Turns out our pup seems to love them, he has been out playing this evening, tail wagging, trying to chase them. He is in for night now, tucked up in bed. We had played fireworks to him few days last week off Youtube.
Old 5 Nov 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

Not into it so don't bother!