Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Nov 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Looking forward to seeing how it comes along. We are just starting the journey of getting a new kitchen, having always had new builds, and no idea where to start. We went to look at a bathroom shop the other day which was closed (every bathroom shop in town closes at 12pm on a Saturday, who knew! ) popped into magnet next door and came out with brochures for a new kitchen Looking forward to the next instalment.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I love these threads. Looking forward to seeing the finished result!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

Great start! Have you had a independent fitter and is he doing all the work?
Old 5 Nov 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Looking good.. Won't be too long now
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Looking forward to seeing the transformation.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Really interested to follow your journey.
Old 5 Nov 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
Great start. Which kitchen did you get? We fitted a Magnet kitchen earlier this year and love it.
No idea what it is called - we just liked the look and hopefully when you see the pics you might recognise it. Delighted you have such a positive thought about your Magnet kitchen

Originally Posted by deeley View Post
Had our kitchen done in spring this year. It will be worth it but I’m enjoying reliving the journey!
Possibly better once you are on the 'other side' Hope your kitchen was well worth all the chaos involved!

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Great start all the upheaval will be worth it when you see the end result.
Thank you - I am sure it will - possibly does not feel like it yet but we can see such a huge step forward today

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Love a project, Magnet kitchens are great as the carcasses are already assembled not like Ikea, looking forward to reading more, and then coming round for that lasagne you look like you were thinking of making 😂
The ready assembled carcasses actually have made it all seem so robust and solid in the fitting- has helped make such great progress today too.

You are more than welcome to come round for the lasagne but I think we were cooking salmon and pasta that night - the jars were possibly because they were on offer! Pasta in the pan , pastry on the cooker top and a watercress sauce, means salmon being steamed in the oven

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by juless77 View Post
Oooo how exciting !
strangely it is!

Originally Posted by daisymae View Post
Looking forward to seeing how it comes along. We are just starting the journey of getting a new kitchen, having always had new builds, and no idea where to start. We went to look at a bathroom shop the other day which was closed (every bathroom shop in town closes at 12pm on a Saturday, who knew! ) popped into magnet next door and came out with brochures for a new kitchen Looking forward to the next instalment.
Our journey started last December - lots happened since and we certainly could have had a quicker turnaround.
Can't understand why places shut so early on a Saturday ( I know they probably serve Trade only customers ) opportunities missed to allow those who work all week to try to get projects like this done.
Our Magnet was open at times that suited us and they really did make us feel so comfortable in their design. They actually found a way to avoid a dead space of 2 sq M that other designers had wasted and just said their cabinet sizes would not allow us to do this due to the dimensions of the kitchen. It is hardly as if we have a huge space to fill so every single space is vital.

Good luck on your bathroom and kitchen journey

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I love these threads. Looking forward to seeing the finished result!
Thank you - Flooring booked for next week and I'm thinking I may have a weekend of decorating ahead of me

Originally Posted by simmofamily View Post
Great start! Have you had a independent fitter and is he doing all the work?
Fitter has been designated by Magnet, he is a local independent and I have to admit we are already thinking of another project for him. HIs home visit with the original plans made us feel so at ease, he 'saw ' what it was we wanted in the design and also recognised that we needed some reassurance - his communication throughout has been superb.

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
Looking good.. Won't be too long now
Thanks Rick - the thing is once it is done, it means more work for me in order to get it all finished

Originally Posted by Lisa-72 View Post
Looking forward to seeing the transformation.
Will keep updating the first post so you can see the transformation

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Really interested to follow your journey.
Thank you - we are already thinking we should have done this years ago

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well done for taking the plunge! It will look lovely just in time for Christmas
Looking forward to watching from a distance, love renovation threads
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I love these type of threads. You are dealing with all the upheaval well.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List