Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jan 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Tenerife fits the bill for sure.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter and her friend decided on a city break for their first holiday without parents and went to Rome last summer just before they both turned 19.
They had a great time and are going to Budapest together in March.
However, we went as a family to Albufeira (old town) in Portugal when she was 17, almost 18 and she loved it there too. She said she’d love to go back with friends.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

My daughter did puerto del carmen in Lanzaote at 18 with her friends and had a great time but don’t know about water park. She went to playa de las americas last year and to Siam park which she loved so much is going back this year.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

I was thinking Tenerife as well. Lots to do including Siam Park which I vote as the best waterpark in the world. A decent amount of nightlife but not too crazy and rowdy. Playa de las Americas is best for young people
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I was going to suggest both Salou and Split but I’ve been beaten to it 😀

Ibiza has San Antonio which is the liveliest resort, but Es Cana is nice too. There are clubs and bars there but it’s not rowdy.

Tenerife has Playa de las Americas and Costa Adeje which are both quite lively. Plus there is a huge water park, Siam Park in Tenerife.
We went to Es Cana with DD then 15 in 2015. Lovely safe beach & lots of bars/cafes. We went to Charlies Bar where Rylan started out years ago. Lots of fab acts. There is also the hippy market which is good.
Old 13 Jan 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Sorry, jumping on thread. Have you been to port aventura. Any good?
My two teenagers went over Christmas and loved it - the single person line is the way to do a lot 🤣

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mazzadee
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for all your replies. We are going to Tenerife for our family holiday this year so dd is not keen on going twice in one summer. I will look at all your suggestions. Many thanks
Old 13 Jan 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
big nelly
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

big nelly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Mobile

How about Tsilivi in Zakynthos? Tsilivi has a water park and night life.

DLP 2005,2006 & 2018, 2009 Tuscan Hills, 2013 Vizcay, HRH & RPR, 2014 Southern Dunes, RPR & ASSports, 2016 Southern Dunes villa, AOA and PFB, 2017 OKW and RPR Club, 2019 SSR, 2019 Aventura, 2022 Dockside, 2023 POFQ
big nelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mazzadee View Post
Thanks for all your replies. We are going to Tenerife for our family holiday this year so dd is not keen on going twice in one summer. I will look at all your suggestions. Many thanks
If Tenerife is out I'd suggest Cyprus/Aiya Napa. Great waterpark and better beaches than Tenerife but it does tend to be a little pricier. Lots of nightlife in Aiya Napa but not super crazy.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My DS and his girlfriend went to the Algarve when they were 18/19 - they loved it and had a whale of a time.
xx
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List