Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jan 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Momofboys View Post
we're from Dudley, prices vary by the mile by us I think!
I'm in Stourbridge. The costs of houses in Hagley/Pedmore compared to Brockmoor/Pensnett are huge considering they're only a few miles apart.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I was looking in a local estate agents window recently and was very surprised to see that the rent on a small mid 2 bedroom house near me is £1,450 a month (absolute madness).

Edited at 01:21 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

We bought our first home last year. 3 bed semi detached new build, unlike most new builds the rooms are all a good size and we have a large garden. We live in Norfolk where house prices are cheap, we paid £200k.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Pieces
Imagineer

Pieces's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

We rent. No way on earth we can afford to buy at the moment due to debt. 3 bed semi in rural Leicestershire £700pcm.
Old 21 Jan 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I was looking in a local estate agents window recently and was very surprised to see that the rent on a small mid 2 bedroom house near me is £1,450 a month (absolute madness).
My daughter lives in hove, a TINY 2 bed flat £1250pm. She’s about to relocate to a small village in Nottinghamshire. 3 bedroom detached house with garden £800/900. She’s lucky her company have offices in Nottingham and Brighton and are desperate to keep her so are happy for her relocation on same wage etc. She’s got a place at the school for my grandson, she is now waiting for a rental to become available.

Following on whe she has a deposit a 2 bed flat on Brighton 250k plus. 3 bed house up there £250k no brained
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
Yikes! For £459,000 I got the home I live in now (a very decent sized detached) plus three villas in Florida which between them have 18 bedrooms!
Just had a look and our house is estimated between
441k - £487k And it’s not that big, we will move away at some point once they kids fly the nest!
Old 21 Jan 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
My daughter lives in hove, a TINY 2 bed flat £1250pm. She’s about to relocate to a small village in Nottinghamshire. 3 bedroom detached house with garden £800/900. She’s lucky her company have offices in Nottingham and Brighton and are desperate to keep her so are happy for her relocation on same wage etc. She’s got a place at the school for my grandson, she is now waiting for a rental to become available.

Following on whe she has a deposit a 2 bed flat on Brighton 250k plus. 3 bed house up there £250k no brained
It really is crazy, and your daughter is fortunate that she can work in Nottinghamshire and pay much less to rent a bigger house.

My son will ideally be looking to buy a property with his girlfriend next year, but there is little hope of him buying around me. I should stress that I don't live in a posh area, in fact parts of Ruislip have some nice big houses, but I live in the cheaper part with the small houses (I'm basically poor). That said we are looking to move in the future and my 3 bed smallish terraced house will buy us a nice 4 bed detached house where we are considering moving to (about 40 miles away).

Fingers crossed your daughter finds a nice rental house soon.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Neil & Stella View Post
We drove through the Surrey Hills a couple of years ago (major accident near Gatwick and Waze took us the scenic route ). I didn't realise it was so nice down there. Seriously beyond our budget though

Ours is a two bed, ex-council mid terrace in Shropshire (was three beds, but we knocked the two smaller bedrooms together to make a nice big one for when DD got back from uni and then she moved out).

Worth about £120k now, still paying the mortgage New builds start at around the same price for a small 2 bed flat or £135k for a house with a garden smaller than our decking.
It is lovely here, but I’d have to move a long way away to stand a chance of owning...
there are some new build/converted flats near the station and they start at 190k for a small one bed, so I basically need to get warning about £50-£60k a year minimum!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
It is lovely here, but I’d have to move a long way away to stand a chance of owning...
there are some new build/converted flats near the station and they start at 190k for a small one bed, so I basically need to get warning about £50-£60k a year minimum!
We must be near neighbours!
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
It really is crazy, and your daughter is fortunate that she can work in Nottinghamshire and pay much less to rent a bigger house.

My son will ideally be looking to buy a property with his girlfriend next year, but there is little hope of him buying around me. I should stress that I don't live in a posh area, in fact parts of Ruislip have some nice big houses, but I live in the cheaper part with the small houses (I'm basically poor). That said we are looking to move in the future and my 3 bed smallish terraced house will buy us a nice 4 bed detached house where we are considering moving to (about 40 miles away).

Fingers crossed your daughter finds a nice rental house soon.
I always thought you lived in a Mansion in Hillingdon/Ruislip but you’re not any different to us!