Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 3 Feb 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

only watched the first one & not read this thread

but blimy what on earth is going on !
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great recommendation thanks. Only got 2 left to watch after binge watching over the weekend. I’ve told everyone to watch it so thanks again. 👍🏻

I realise there is quite a bit of artistic license involved in it but that’s the case in a lot of dramas these days. 😂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Artistic license includes (maybe slight spoilers)- these are just a few off the top of my head:

- Its always sunny, depite it being in Northern England supposedly.
- No one ever seems to go to work, apart from the coppers and teachers.
- People in Northern England are called things like 'Dante'.
- Kids football club looks more like a WAG health spa.
- 18 year old kids play football with little kids goals. The local FA would not allow that I can tell ya.
- No explanation as to how a hire car could be traced to the Stranger.
- Unkempt groundskeeper has photographic memory as he is able to recall car registration number off the top of his head.
- Suggestion that the ex copper could hack into a hire car's black box remotely to see its current location (but that failed!).
- Everyone in forensic suits at scene of murder- apart from female lead who is stood there in normal getup. Must have been in the actor's contract that she refuses to wear the shower cap.
- Supposedly succesful partner in law firm (who never goes to work) has 1 client- ex copper whose legal problem is he wants to remain in his terrace house. Ex Copper even visits legal bod's house for legal advice en spec.
- After being tasered, fella immediately gets up and is rubbing his neck watching stranger drive away.
- Ring bank with query on payments- immediate response, including giving the IP addresses of the payee. No DPA required.
- All cars have just had a full valet and paint restoration polish.
- Car pursuit through the back streets of Manchester- at 20 mph.
- State high school looks like it has come out of Harry Potter- with more money spent on it.
- Everyone lives in a mansion.
- Alpaca head- why fake a satanic burial and not just bin it?

I could go on- it is so bad it is almost good, and the acting is bloody awful, but it is strangely compelling and I am waiting to see what happens in the end.

Thanks for the recommendation OP because I have kind of enjoyed it all the same.

Edited at 02:06 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Spoliers

Yorkshire T, my husband said you have to give details to the bank and they don’t just automatically know who you are. I said he keyed it in on the keypad, My dd 17 said the school kids look about 30! I found the young police man who keeps joking very anoying and thought The Alpaca head decapitated was uncalled for, do kids really rave around a bonfire while taking drugs and smoking weed. My kids are Angels lol 😆 But still watching!
Old 3 Feb 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Yorkshire T, my husband said you have to give details to the bank and they don’t just automatically know who you are. I said he keyed it in on the keypad, My dd 17 said the school kids look about 30! I found the young police man who keeps joking very anoying and thought The Alpaca head decapitated was uncalled for, do kids really rave around a bonfire while taking drugs and smoking weed. My kids are Angels lol 😆 But still watching!
My bank have voice recognition. I don’t have to give any personal info or key anything in
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
My bank have voice recognition. I don’t have to give any personal info or key anything in
So that explains it then!
Old 3 Feb 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Oh dear god... , hope those who enjoyed it, enjoyed it.
x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Oh dear god... , hope those who enjoyed it, enjoyed it.
x
Ditto!
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Just finished it & i really enjoyed it.
Thanks for the recommendation.
Tracy
Old 3 Feb 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Shame about the spoilers! Binged 6 yesterday and 2 today - we thought it was brilliant and best thing since Killing Eve.
Hope there's going to be a second series - lies always get found out!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List