Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Feb 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Pieces
Imagineer

Pieces's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile Moving house, family interfering!

So we are going through a massive life change at the moment, moving jobs, moving house, moving cities!
It’s all very exciting but obviously quite stressful.

We are renting, and have finally found the perfect house for us. A very short drive to work, lovely looking area and brand new build.

Of course, my MIL and FIL visited the new build area today and told us they were concerned, there’s still houses being built, it’ll be noisy, there’s coming and going of vans, builders etc and a hundred other negative points.
None of these things bothered us at all, the house we are applying for is ready as are all the houses on that plot.
There are still some being built but are a considerable distance from us so I’m not worried.
Has anyone else moved into a new build area and did they experience any massive negatives I’ve not thought about yet? I’m more excited than anything! 😁
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ignore them! You are old enough to make your own choices. Did you ask them to check it out?
If you like it then go ahead, enjoy your new home!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Pieces imo it is nothing to do with them, it is you and your partners decision on the process
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

We moved into a new build with only 6 houses fully built and habitable. We were the front row and another 24 were being built. The issues we had obviously were the snagging lists but building site wise we had issues with kids coming onsite trying to get through the fences so had to call police and head office a few times and the dust inside the house. You would dust on the morning and by the evening it looked like you hadn't cleaned for at least a week. Also wet weather bringing mud etc into the house- we just had a mat outside the door, mat inside the door and old runners through the hall. They went when it stopped being a building site. Other than that no issues.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Unadopted roads can cause issues as well as dust and noise. Enough parking once completed can also be a huge issue.
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pieces
Imagineer

Pieces's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
Unadopted roads can cause issues as well as dust and noise. Enough parking once completed can also be a huge issue.
The house has its own drive and garage so not too worried about parking.
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Pieces
Imagineer

Pieces's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Ignore them! You are old enough to make your own choices. Did you ask them to check it out?
If you like it then go ahead, enjoy your new home!
I didn’t ask them, no. But they do love to be nosey 😒
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

We moved in a new build and the 12 houses on our cul de sac were finished but the others round the corner weren't.

We had builders there every day from 7ish until 5ish each and every day including weekends for about 12 months.

There was noise from the massive cement mixer silo thingy and muddy roads in the surrounding areas as well as voices, scaffold noise, drills, etc.

We had people driving by being nosey and the sales office open and people wandering round. Also had deliveries trying to find the new bit.

I was on maternity leave for the first 7 months of moving and it did get me down but it wouldn't put me off doing it again as long as it wasn't on my route to my house.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Are you happy? I suspect the answer is a resounding yes.
So there we go, job done.
It was my job so I know how disruptive a building site can be but it soon comes to an end and it’s nice to then see it maturing.
Best of luck in your new life because that’s what it is with all the changes.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Pieces
Imagineer

Pieces's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
We moved in a new build and the 12 houses on our cul de sac were finished but the others round the corner weren't.

We had builders there every day from 7ish until 5ish each and every day including weekends for about 12 months.

There was noise from the massive cement mixer silo thingy and muddy roads in the surrounding areas as well as voices, scaffold noise, drills, etc.

We had people driving by being nosey and the sales office open and people wandering round. Also had deliveries trying to find the new bit.

I was on maternity leave for the first 7 months of moving and it did get me down but it wouldn't put me off doing it again as long as it wasn't on my route to my house.
Thanks, that’s helpful info.
All the other houses will be finished by August so around 7 months.