Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Feb 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Baby on upper class - earplugs for other passengers

Flying with 7 month old baby in upper class. She is normally very good and we would be considerate not to disturb others as much as possible but obviously aware she may make noise.

I can’t remember if virgin give out earplugs on day flights. Thinking of buying a cheap pack of earplugs for other upper class passengers (flying lgw to mco so I think only 12 seats).

Is this a) nice, b) weird or c) unnecessary? And is there anything else I should plan for to be considerate?
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Aur0ra
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

A.

All I can say is you’re being considerate.
Just out of curiosity as I’ve never flown anything other than economy, why upper with a baby?
Aur0ra is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
They have noise cancelling headphones in upper so I wouldn’t worry
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I personally don’t think I would fly upper with a baby or a toddler. I would just be too worried about annoying the other passengers who have paid so much money for a nice stress free flight. I’m not saying you shouldn’t be allowed but I just don’t think I would relax for worrying about noise and in trying to keep baby happy I wouldn’t enjoy all upper class has to offer and in that regard I think it would be a waste of money. However, if I was loaded and money wasn’t an issue, I may feel differently!
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

It’s unnecessary to give out earplugs, though an original idea. Babies make noise (whether happy, upset, tired or hungry), and people have to deal with it. Most people will be understanding of child noise if they see that the parents are doing their best, which you obviously want to. It’s the parents that just let kids go wild or don’t try to comfort a crying child (trust me, they exist), that are irritating.

There will always be some people who think babies/children shouldn’t be allowed in premium cabins. They are entitled to hold that view, but the airlines don’t agree (neither do I), so for them I recommend private air travel.

Enjoy your flight and help your baby enjoy it. You’re obviously a considerate person, don’t worry about what the other passengers might think, say or do.

Edited at 11:29 PM.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We’re flying upper because we originally booked it before she was born then had to move it. We’ve never flown upper and always wanted to. This is our last holiday for a long time as all our money now goes on childcare! So really the answer is we still like nice things even though we are parents now. But we don’t want to ruin other people’s nice things, hence this thread!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
It’s unnecessary to give out earplugs, though an original idea. Babies make noise (whether happy, upset, tired or hungry), and people have to deal with it. Most people will be understanding of child noise if they see that the parents are doing their best, which you obviously want to. It’s the parents that just let kids go wild or don’t try to comfort a crying child (trust me, they exist), that are irritating.

There will always be some people who think babies/children shouldn’t be allowed in premium cabins. They are entitled to hold that view, but the airlines don’t agree (neither do I), so for them I recommend private air travel.

Enjoy your flight and help your baby enjoy it. You’re obviously a considerate person, don’t worry about that the other passengers might think, say or do.
Thank you, this is really comforting and helpful!
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As someone who always flies UC I would be horrified if another passenger offered me ear plugs as they had a baby. I understand your concern and it’s great to see you being proactive but by doing this you are kind of sending the message to the other passengers that your 7 month old is going to be a problem.

As already mentioned above VS provide noise cancelling headphones.

Babies will always make noise/cry and as long as you are seen to be to dealing with the situation (even if not successful ) then there won’t be an issues. The only time I have had a problem is when a parent told the cabin crew “don’t worry she will cry herself to sleep

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

No need to hand out ear plugs. You’ve got as much right to be there as anyone else... you’ve all paid for your seats. Enjoy x
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Completely unnecessary. Your baby will cry, you will sooth her and at 7 months she will likely sleep for a high percentage of the flight.

People watch films and with the noise cancelling headphones and general sounds of the aircraft they wont notice a bit of fussing anyway and if they do, that's life.

Feed on take off and landing if possibe as that's when their ears can hurt. We flew with out baby at 3 months and 6 months. Both flights were a doddle. X

Edited at 11:42 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List