Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Feb 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Do5-BaG View Post
I'm one of them that kind of lets people get on with it, they can wear what they want as long as they are happy and causing no offence to anyone with slogans or over exposure.

What really grinds my gears more are the people who feel they can judge other people for what they wear, I went through school been bullied by people for been a "Goth" or a "Long hair" (In reality I was more into grunge) this also went on outside of school with grown people thinking it necessary to heckle, and in some cases lead to some friends of mine getting physically assaulted because a group of lads took exception to how they looked.

Just let people get on with it, what harm or damage are they causing to you or others?
I hope you still have the courage to be yourself and dress how you choose. X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I hope you still have the courage to be yourself and dress how you choose. X
Aw yes, still rocking faded t-shirts, flannel shirts, 10 year old levis and vans/levis, saying that, grunge is probably considered "trendy" or "hipster" these days haha
Old 11 Feb 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
I remember wearing shoulderless tops with ra ra skirts in the 80s and puffball dresses😳😳😳. Mind you I was a size 8 in those days. The only size 8 I wear now are my shoes😂.
I loved my puffball skirts with black tights and high heels, I had such skinny legs (oh how I loved my skinny legs)!
Old 11 Feb 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I loved my puffball skirts with black tights and high heels, I had such skinny legs (oh how I loved my skinny legs)!
I'll never be a size 8 again so I feel just like you😫😫😫.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
I'll never be a size 8 again so I feel just like you😫😫😫.
I was a size 8 too, now 14 to 16!
Had 3 kids they are all grown up and everythings gone to pot
Old 11 Feb 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

I’m in my 40s and don’t wear anything else other than jeans with T-shirt’s or jumpers.
I also basically live in Converse pumps through spring, summer and autumn (I remember a post on here years ago, about how people over a certain age shouldn’t wear them) 😂 and boots in winter.
I have worn and would wear cold shoulder tops, nice and cool in summer.
Ripped jeans were in when I was in my teens, my daughter wears them a lot now.

Edited at 06:30 PM.
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

Mobile

Now I know this is going to get a few of you going 😂 what about boys and their trousers showing their ck’s (Calvin kleins) I have to confess one of mine does this and has for years thanks to a “crew” he met in Florida🤣 used to drive me crazy but I have since given up 😂
kc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I like this look on young men. It's fashion. It's all fashion. We all wore strange things when we were young surely? I certainly did.
I don’t dislike this look either.
I’m not sure it would suit all builds but it can look quite cool.

I don’t mind jeans with the odd rip but the pairs with more holes than fabric look ridiculous!

I’m really not a fan of cold shoulder tops or anything asymmetrical either.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
I’m in my 40s and don’t wear anything else other than jeans with T-shirt’s or jumpers.
I also basically live in Converse pumps through spring, summer and autumn (I remember a post on here years ago, about how people over a certain age shouldn’t wear them) 😂 and boots in winter.
I have worn and would wear cold shoulder tops, nice and cool in summer.
Ripped jeans were in when I was in my teens, my daughter wears them a lot now.
Oh no! I wear converse all the time 😱

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Baseball caps worn far back in the head, infact baseball caps...
Only acceptable in little boys, or men while sunbathing .
Not on women especially my neighbour who is 70 plus and also wears height up pony tail hair extensions...