Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers - Let's do Halloween! Sept/Oct 2019. Day 8

Day 7

I woke at 7.30am feeling surprisingly good after last night’s events. Aaron apparently does not. I left him to it, got ready and gave Edith a bath checking on him again at 10am. He was awake but wasn’t feeling ready to get out of bed. His mom cooked him a bagel & took him coffee (she has more sympathy than me) but he wasn’t interested. I made the decision to head to the parks anyway, I didn’t want our drunken night interfering with our park plans as we were running out of time and it wouldn’t have been fair on Edith & Laura. The 3 of us set off to Magic Kingdom.

We took the ferry for a change and once in the park head to Aloha Isle to get the Pineapple Upside down cake that Edith loved so much on our last trip. The three of us shared it and it was delicious. We had a FP for Pirates next so we parked the buggy and went in for that. As usual, the ride was excellent, it will always be a firm favourite of mine.

Tikki Room next, we just missed a show so had to wait 15 minutes for the next one but I knew Edith would love it again so we waited. The show was great as usual, such a strange little concept but the song is catchy and Edith adores all the birds. At 2, I really think she is the ideal age for Tiki Room appreciation.

Peckish now we head to Pecos Bills, Edith fell asleep while we were in the queue. Laura and I shared the three tacos. I ordered a pork one, she ordered the cauliflower and then we picked chicken as the third one to share. Once we had the good we hit the toppings bar hard. This has to be one of the best value meals in the whole of WDW. Once we had piled the tacos high with salad, sour cream and salsa, they would have easily fed all three of us if Aaron was with us. Unlucky for him, he wasn’t so I ate the pork and the chicken on as Laura was full from her cauliflower one. She actually declared it to be the best thing she has eaten all holiday!

While we ate, Aaron text to see what we were up to. I gave him a rundown of our day so far and as I expected, he had a sudden case of FOMO (fear of missing out for all you Dibbers that aren’t down with the kids) and he ordered an Uber to join us. While we waited for him we walked into Fantasyland for a mooch as our next FP was Small World. After what seemed like an age Aaron appeared, apparently, he had the one and only UBER driver in Florida who didn’t know where the Magic Kingdom was. I mean, come on! He had gone wrong so many times that in the end he dropped Aaron at the Contemporary & he had caught the monorail.

Once we were all regrouped, we rode Small World. Always enjoyable when you have a toddler, even Aaron who used to refuse to ride now sits in the boat singing along and pointing to all the dolls. Next up we popped to Cosmic Rays, Aaron was suddenly ravenous and we were also aware that Edith was going to be hungry as she had slept through mine & Laura’s Pecos Bills feast. I grabbed a seat down by the piano with Edith while Aaron queued for food. The park was really, really busy today and it took forever. He finally appeared with a burger for himself & chicken nuggets for Edith. All the food was enjoyed, Edith seemed to be in Cosmic Ray heaven, she was chomping on a nugget, stood on her chair with her eyes shut and bopping to the music. So funny.

While we were in the restaurant the heavens opened. We had one more FP booked for Buzz so we all hurried over there and into the shelter of the ride. I was absolutely buzzing as I managed to get 999,999! I had tried this on so many past visits but today was mu day, I even went & claimed the Galactic Hero sticker that they give out.

It was still raining when we came out so we went on Carousel of Progress, another recent favourite of mine. The song is so catchy and I sing along which embarrasses Aaron so that’s an added bonus!

The rain was still coming when we came out, we huddles under the People Mover for cover seeing if the queue went down but everyone was joining it and it was snaking out into the rain so we gave it a miss. Edith enjoyed a few minutes jumping in all the puddles before we head off toward Main St to look in the shops.

We passed the purple wall so stopped for a quick photo, there were photopass photographers there and the guy that took a photo for us also got some candid shots of Edith running in the rain which was lovely.

We popped into the shops & made our way toward the exit, the main parade was cancelled but they put on the mini wet weather option which was fun to see for something different. We left the park after that, we considered popping to Epcot as I still wanted to see the fireworks but the rain was still coming & the forecast said it was here for the night. We cut our losses and head back to the hotel.

Once we had all dried off & had a 30 minute rest, we decided to head to mall at Millennia and eat at the Cheesecake Factory. We had a quick look around Pottery Barn & Pottery Barn Kids but for once didn’t buy anything. We then went & checked in for a table at the CF. we only had to wait about 5 minutes and were seated.

Laura and I both went for the Orange Chicken & Aaron had the Carne Asada Steak. Edith had Chicken & mash but she wasn’t feeling it at all. All the food was good but the Orange Chicken portion is just ridiculous. It would feed 3 people at least. I made a dent in mine but Laura’s looked like it hadn’t been touched. We had it boxed up and took it back to the hotel. We were all in bed by 11pm. Only one full day left!

abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Another good day, despite the rain. Those pictures of Edith in the rain are so lovely x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Another good day apart from the rain

Joan
Old 25 Oct 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Such a shame about the weather but it seemed you made the most of it. Well done on not being too hungover either
I LOVE the Cheesecake Factory Orange Chicken but I can't believe you didn't get any cheesecake to take away . It's like the law when you go there

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I’m impressed you weren’t totally hanging...it must have been the sleep at your tree that got you through it! Shame the ran stopped play but MK looked good fun. I’m starving now having read all about your food today!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

Now YOU'RE the person I need to ask! I realised after we came home from our trip a couple of years ago that I had not seen the partners bench, which I had wanted to get a photo on. Then I saw someone else's trip photos and realised the bench was usually in the spot where we had our pumpkin photos taken, but they obviously move it for halloween. We have another October visit booked for next year and I need to know where they move the bench to!
Old 28 Oct 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm impressed you were up and out! A good day and those photos of Edith in the rain are fab
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Another good day, despite the rain. Those pictures of Edith in the rain are so lovely x
Aren't they, a little bot of Disney magic

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another good day apart from the rain

Joan
We had a lovely day

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Such a shame about the weather but it seemed you made the most of it. Well done on not being too hungover either
I LOVE the Cheesecake Factory Orange Chicken but I can't believe you didn't get any cheesecake to take away . It's like the law when you go there
I honestly don't know how I felt so spritely . I'm not a fan of cheesecake

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I’m impressed you weren’t totally hanging...it must have been the sleep at your tree that got you through it! Shame the ran stopped play but MK looked good fun. I’m starving now having read all about your food today!
It was a miracle for sure, though I am positive that sleep helped, haha!

Originally Posted by ravenwing View Post
Now YOU'RE the person I need to ask! I realised after we came home from our trip a couple of years ago that I had not seen the partners bench, which I had wanted to get a photo on. Then I saw someone else's trip photos and realised the bench was usually in the spot where we had our pumpkin photos taken, but they obviously move it for halloween. We have another October visit booked for next year and I need to know where they move the bench to!
It was in front of Guest Services.

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
I'm impressed you were up and out! A good day and those photos of Edith in the rain are fab
It was a Disney miracle

Edited at 03:22 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List