Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jan 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

Mobile 6months on passport question (I know! )

Ok so I have read maaaaannny times on the dibb that you don’t need extra time on your passport when travelling to the USA. As long as it’s valid for dates of travel.

My husband just wanted me to double check with our travel agent to find out their advice. I have been in to tui today and they didn’t have a clue and said better renew them just in case!

We travel 11th October for 2 weeks and the kids passports run out in January.

I don’t particularly want to renew them as I doubt we will be going abroad for a yr or two after Florida.

Please can someone tell me I’m not going mad and it will be fine!
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

You don't need to renew. Anyone who has a passport from the list of countries below does not need 6 months on the passport.

cbp.gov/sites/default/fi...date122017.pdf

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

You're not going mad and it will be fine. Am sure resident subject expert mick will be along shortly with the relevant links
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

definitely dont need 6 months if its a standard uk passport
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Peko View Post
You're not going mad and it will be fine. Am sure resident subject expert mick will be along shortly with the relevant links
I'm flattered but yes I did post that link yesterday I think but galaxyflorida was quicker off the mark this time.

I only talk about direct flights though as I believe that on 1st Feb the EU countries may demand grace if flying to USA indirect via them. Then it's further complicated by Schengen (which I understand even less ) and by then I'm glad we only fly direct

Mick
Old 20 Jan 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Kimbers
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

We are here now For 3 weeks and our passports expire end of march. No Problems with us x
Kimbers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
You don’t need 6 months and haven’t done for 10 yrs now. This is from the government website
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
PS

My other recent post was in response to a VH rep saying you needed 6 months grace. Now I see Tui don't know either.

Is it any wonder that we haven't booked a package holiday through a travel agent since we first went in 1990.

Mick
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

Mick, I asked in the shop, they all looked blankly at me, then some old fella booking his holiday piped up “aye pet you need 6 months if your going to America” then the travel agents all said I’d better renew!

Came home and rang tui, waste of time lol. Apparently she needed my booking number to check (which I didn’t have to hand).

If in doubt ask the infinite wisdom of the dibb
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by davdawnbro View Post
Mick, I asked in the shop, they all looked blankly at me, then some old fella booking his holiday piped up “aye pet you need 6 months if your going to America” then the travel agents all said I’d better renew!

Came home and rang tui, waste of time lol. Apparently she needed my booking number to check (which I didn’t have to hand).

If in doubt ask the infinite wisdom of the dibb
I've been a Dibber for nearly 16 years and the level of information contributed by members, by and large , is far more reliable than from so called "travel experts"

Mick