Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Feb 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Britannia cruise in April

Just looking at booking a holiday for the Easter school holiday, it has to be cheap !
Have seen a cruise P & O Brittanis 19-26 April ( daughters holiday is quite late)

It is £420 each for a guaranteed balcony, Western Europe from Southampton. I can remember reading some bad reviews of this ship. I wondered if anyone had any recent experience, food, entertainment etc.
We are a family with a 15 yr old daughter and 22 year old son. There needs to be enough on the ship to entertain us all.

Thanks all in advance !

Edited at 10:24 PM.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Just looking at booking a holiday for the Easter school holiday, it has to be cheap !
Have seen a cruise P & O Brittanis 19-26 April ( daughters holiday is quite late)

It is £420 each for a guaranteed balcony, Western Europe from Southampton. I can remember reading some bad reviews of this ship. I wondered if anyone had any recent experience, food, entertainment etc.
We are a family with a 15 yr old daughter and 22 year old son. There needs to be enough on the ship to entertain us all.

Thanks all in advance !
We are on this cruise! The ship is lovey BUT there are no stairs in the centre which makes the lifts a real busy PITA. Easily solved, just walk forward or aft and use the stairs/lifts there.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
We are on this cruise! The ship is lovey BUT there are no stairs in the centre which makes the lifts a real busy PITA. Easily solved, just walk forward or aft and use the stairs/lifts there.
Thank you. Walking or the stairs would be fine. Have you been on the ship before ? Can’t go wrong at the price but I was worried about son and daughter not having enough to do. Our last cruise was Harmony of the Seas and it was fantastic.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Britannia is a lovely ship and it depends what they like to do. It's not got all the bells and whistles of the Royal Caribbean ships such as slides, climbing walls etc but there was always something going on like pub quizzes, music and shows and the teen club was very active so probably lots for your 15 year old. At that price I'd be telling them to suck it up and enjoy 😀😀😀.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

We went on Britannia in October. Our first and only cruise ship so nothing to compare it to, but what we experienced was very nice.

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Have been looking at you tube tonight and the ship does look very nice. Not sure about enough to do for our daughter, son would be fine with the gym and food !
Old 15 Feb 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Thank you. Walking or the stairs would be fine. Have you been on the ship before ? Can’t go wrong at the price but I was worried about son and daughter not having enough to do. Our last cruise was Harmony of the Seas and it was fantastic.
Yes we’ve been on Britannia before. We love it. At 15 I’m sure she can amuse herself, there’s only 2 sea days.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Mobile

We did 2 weeks on her last July - just 2 adults here.

We've never been on a "bells and whistles" ship but there were plenty of kids on our cruise. (Baltics in July)

We used to see a big group of them in the buffet at 11pm - all having a whale of a time and we'll behaved.

The activity list always included kid friendly stuff, plus there's the basketball court, cinema etc.

I couldn't see why people made such a fuss of no middle stairs, but then we're able bodied and the extra walking was ok for us.

The only thing I think she was short of was shops (only as we like a wander after dinner) but on a 7 nighter that's not a big issue.

For that price go for it!

Xx
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

My dd joined us on the Brittania to Norway and had a lovely time. She wasn’t fussed on the teen club but she enjoyed the on board choir. There were plenty of shows in the evening. We went to the pool on the sea day. And also we all read a lot. Which i was happy to do.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

I like Brittannia, lots to do on sea days for everyone and the adults only pool was great too.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List