Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Feb 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MillieMoo23
Getting Excited

Tui/First Choice email-Travelling to Dom Rep and pregnant

Advice is not to travel to Dom Rep for obvious reasons and not going to risk it. Have spoken with first choice and we can thankfully change it to a different destination but have to send them an email with a letter from my doctors confirming my pregnancy. The email address they provided was SWAUK.helpline@TUI.co.uk but emails keep bouncing. Does anyone have an email address I could send it to? Their offices are closed and they only have two rooms available for the destination/hotel/dates we need

I’ve booked a holiday to Domincan Republic last year for April 2020, and found out in Jan that I am pregnant and due in September. Have been numerous times before and this time staying in a 5* hotel. I have just spoken with the doctors about travel vaccines to see if I was up to date, and have been told I shouldn't go to the Zika virus, which I hadn't even considered. We have booked as a party of four with my parents, we had to cancel Florida last year and wondering where we stand. My parents made the booking, so waiting to hear from them what the options would be with First Choice, and the next step would be to phone our travel insurance. We are with Nationwide and have a FlexPlus account and have travel insurance with them. Any advice would be welcome

Edited at 09:02 PM.
MillieMoo23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

I have been to DR a few times but not for years now. I love it and would definitely go back. I also have traveled during pregnancy with no worries at all. However I went to Barbados and Florida. Both places without food safety issues and with excellent medical care. I remember thinking I wouldn't want to visit DR with a small baby as they are so vulnerable. It isn't somewhere I would feel comfortable during pregnancy in case I had any issues. That is without even considering the Zika virus.

Personally I would be looking at changing destinations and glad the GP had given me a clear cut reason to do so. Hopefully First Choice will be helpful considering the situation.
DonnaD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations.

Maybe ask first choice if you could postpone or switch destination.
I wouldn't think your travel insurance would cover you as there is no official advise not to travel there...

When I was pregnant we picked Florida as felt comfortable with health care, food safety etc.
Old 18 Feb 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MillieMoo23
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks for your replies. I’ve updated original post
MillieMoo23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
balel
Excited about Disney

I believe the email address is SWAUKHelpdesk@tui.co.uk
Hope that helps.
balel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List