Old 6 Sep 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Olive Garden looks so good!

Over $6 for a pastry, my eyes are almost popping out of my head, our trip next year is after the free dining offer has finished and we're facing OOP for the first time. I may starve.
We're going in April over Easter with no DP so we will also be starving! I'm just glad we're only onsite for 3 nights!

Great report! Really enjoying reading along!
Old 6 Sep 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
That dessert at millers looks excellent! As does all the food there actually - can’t believe the price of the steak
It was all really good, and awesome value. I couldn’t believe we could combine with kids eat free too. A family of 4 could have a meal for about $26!

Olive Garden looks so good!

Over $6 for a pastry, my eyes are almost popping out of my head, our trip next year is after the free dining offer has finished and we're facing OOP for the first time. I may starve.
Olive Garden is great, we really love going there. Some of the onsite costs are eye watering. That was a particularly expensive pastry, the ones we had from Beach Club for breakfasts were around $4 I think. Will you eat just onsite, or go to supermarkets or offsite too for some things?

Originally Posted by sarahc View Post
We're going in April over Easter with no DP so we will also be starving! I'm just glad we're only onsite for 3 nights!

Great report! Really enjoying reading along!
Thank you. I think some onsite things are better value than others!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

Great food report, the Portofino club breakfast looks lovely, gutted we didn’t get to the Polite Pig as those platters look lush. I agree about the snack credits we started out carefully and by day 3 was buying anything on a snack credit whatever it’s cost 🤣

I like the look of Chillis, it’s never really appealed, but looking at your food and value, I would definitely visit next time.
Old 6 Sep 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Mobile Day 15 - Denny’s and Longhorns - Wednesday 28th August

We weren’t in a park today so had a more relaxed morning and went for breakfast at Denny’s. It was quite busy and we had to wait for a table.

David had the grand slam slugger - pancakes, sausage, eggs, bacon and potato with coffee and juice included. I had the every day value slam - pancakes, sausage and egg.

Alex had a Belgian waffle slam, and both the younger two a kids build your own slam with pancakes, sausage and scrambled egg (and Alex finished it all!)

In total it was just over $33 plus tip (using a 20% off voucher I had by email). It was nice, but not anywhere near as good as Keke’s

After a trip to Amazing Animals, we went to Longhorns. It was our first visit here. There was bread to start and a Caesar salad for the adults

David had the 12oz rip-eye, I had the 8oz sirloin and all the boys had burgers

The food was all fine, but nothing really wowed is, I think I had high expectations. It doesn’t help that Americans don’t seem to do sauce with steak, and unlike miller’s this didn’t come with garlic butter or anything, so maybe seemed a little dry.

A more expensive meal at $75 (though David did have a beer)

Edited at 10:32 PM.
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Olive Garden is great, we really love going there. Some of the onsite costs are eye watering. That was a particularly expensive pastry, the ones we had from Beach Club for breakfasts were around $4 I think. Will you eat just onsite, or go to supermarkets or offsite too for some things?

I'm a little bit torn about what we'll do.

We are doing a split stay with 8 nights a POFQ which I think I'll buy Dining Plan for but we're doing 6 nights at the Boardwalk afterwards that will have to be OOP. It should be the perfect opportunity for us to try lots of offsite places but it's our first time staying for an extended period in a resort that we can walk to a park from so I really want to make the most of being so close to Epcot. I think I need to do a lot of research into what's the best option.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Mobile

Everything looks good. How was Amazing Animals?
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JellyEllieBean View Post
Great food report, the Portofino club breakfast looks lovely, gutted we didn’t get to the Polite Pig as those platters look lush. I agree about the snack credits we started out carefully and by day 3 was buying anything on a snack credit whatever it’s cost 🤣

I like the look of Chillis, it’s never really appealed, but looking at your food and value, I would definitely visit next time.
I had read so many times here to not hold back with the snack credits, but with only 5 days I really thought we’d use them easily! I have learnt!

We have always enjoyed Chilis, they also have a 2 for $25 offer which gives you the chips appetiser, two mains and a dessert i think if i’m remembering right

I'm a little bit torn about what we'll do.

We are doing a split stay with 8 nights a POFQ which I think I'll buy Dining Plan for but we're doing 6 nights at the Boardwalk afterwards that will have to be OOP. It should be the perfect opportunity for us to try lots of offsite places but it's our first time staying for an extended period in a resort that we can walk to a park from so I really want to make the most of being so close to Epcot. I think I need to do a lot of research into what's the best option.
That’s definitely tough, you don’t want to waste lots of time going back and forth whilst at the Boardwalk when as you say you want to make the most of the location

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Everything looks good. How was Amazing Animals?
It was fantastic, well worth doing. Having a private tour and hearing about all the animals was incredible, plus the chance to get up close to some of them

Old 7 Sep 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The Dennys breakfast looked good, shame the dinner at Longhorns didn't wow you.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Mobile

It does look really good. I don’t know if I could hold an alligator even though it’s a small one.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The Dennys breakfast looked good, shame the dinner at Longhorns didn't wow you.
I think sometimes expectations don’t help, it was somewhere i’d read about so much on here that I expected it to be amazing

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
It does look really good. I don’t know if I could hold an alligator even though it’s a small one.
I wouldn’t have thought I would, but he was very chilled out and cute! Someone had originally had him as a pet when we was a baby (there are some crazy people out there as most of the animals had been originally kept as pets!)

I saw my first wild alligator this year, in the road right outside Windsor Hills, and I wouldn’t have gone near that one!