Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Oct 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MamaG
Getting Excited

our 13th December - 20th December haven't been cancelled yet xx
1993 Park Inn International, 1997 Villa 1998 Indian Ridge Oaks. 2015 Windsor Hills, 2016 Disney's Old Key West, Hard Rock Hotel. 2018 Hard Rock Hotel, Disney's Old Key West. July 2020 -December 2020 - July 2021 Cancelled by Covid! Feb 2022 Rosen Inn July 2022 Hard Rock Hotel, Cabana Bay, Disney Dolphin, Emerald Island
MamaG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mandij39
Apprentice Imagineer

I received an email yesterday from BA reminding me my balance is due to be paid on 19th October, for our upcoming trip on 9th November. If they know they can't provide the holiday why don't they just cancel the holiday and refund us the deposit. Instead of stringing us along.

It was much easier when my July holiday was cancelled, and I received refund of deposit days before my balance was due. This time I'm worried because I have no Insurance.

So do we sit and wait? or pay the balance and hope we can get it back?
Mandij39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mandij39 View Post
I received an email yesterday from BA reminding me my balance is due to be paid on 19th October, for our upcoming trip on 9th November. If they know they can't provide the holiday why don't they just cancel the holiday and refund us the deposit. Instead of stringing us along.

It was much easier when my July holiday was cancelled, and I received refund of deposit days before my balance was due. This time I'm worried because I have no Insurance.

So do we sit and wait? or pay the balance and hope we can get it back?

This is an automated email from BA so no don't sit back and wait - contact BA and ask what will happen on the 19th October.

My trip leaving tomorrow wasn't cancelled until last week and everything is paid back already which is good service and I have already re-booked with them for next year as I was lucky anough to get two of the "747" offer tickets in Club last week. I am covered under their Book with Confidence and I am happy with that.

I can understand that not having insurance is worrying and that was a risk but sadly to be honest that isn't BA's problem and they certainly aren't "stringing you along" as you said. I really hope you get sorted out and please let us know what happens as it will be of interest to others on the forum. Good luck.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarentino
slightly serious Dibber

Our GLA-LGW leg for 23/11 was cancelled last Wednesday. Our return had already changed from LGW-GLA to LHR-GLA. At present our LGW-MCO & MCO-LGW flights are still scheduled to go ahead. That said, I'm not very confident that they will, so we cancelled & received our refund on Sunday.

Usually we would have our April/May trip for next year booked & would be looking for next November, but right now I just can't bear it. Will maybe see how things look in the new year.
Clarentino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Clarentino View Post
That said, I'm not very confident that they will, so we cancelled & received our refund on Sunday.
Hi Clarentino

Hope this doesn't come across as "challenging" certainly not meant to be but when you say you cancelled and got your money back was that because you rejected the change of airports?

We had our MCO-LGW leg cancelled about 8 weeks ago and were offered LHR for both flights which we accepted. We really thought 2 months ago that surely things would be OK by now. With hindsight I wish we'd cancelled way back then and chosen the refund option.

As I said a few posts back we could hold out for a couple of weeks and hope for a cancellation or hope they extend the 31 Oct date to 1 Nov and we can get a voucher,

Mick
Old 14 Oct 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarentino
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Hi Clarentino

Hope this doesn't come across as "challenging" certainly not meant to be but when you say you cancelled and got your money back was that because you rejected the change of airports?

Hi Mick,

When BA cancelled our original flight from LGW-GLA they automatically switched us to LHR-GLA. We accepted this & didn't make any contact.

When they cancelled our GLA-LGW flight last week we weren't switched onto any alternative flight, just advised to contact them. When we called they didn't offer alternative flights only a voucher or refund.

We did consider trying to cancel everything when we were moved from LGW to LHR, but I wasn't confident they would let us, I think at most they would have moved our flight from MCO-LGW to the later MCO-LHR.

Claire
Clarentino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Clarentino View Post
Hi Mick,

When BA cancelled our original flight from LGW-GLA they automatically switched us to LHR-GLA. We accepted this & didn't make any contact.

When they cancelled our GLA-LGW flight last week we weren't switched onto any alternative flight, just advised to contact them. When we called they didn't offer alternative flights only a voucher or refund.

We did consider trying to cancel everything when we were moved from LGW to LHR, but I wasn't confident they would let us, I think at most they would have moved our flight from MCO-LGW to the later MCO-LHR.

Claire
Hi Claire

Many thanks for your reply.

Our circumstances were different. We had booked direct LGW-MCO out on 1 Nov and back on 29 Nov.

They emailed me saying that the return leg into LGW was cancelled and was revised into LHR. They gave me the option of accepting the return routing keeping the outbound from LGW or changing outbound to LHR. Another option was simply to cancel.

We didn't want to mess with an LHR out and back into LGW so we changed both legs to LHR.

Waiting daily for the email cancellation

Mick
Old 14 Oct 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarentino
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Waiting daily for the email cancellation

I hope you don't have to wait too long Mick . If our flights were direct we'd be waiting for the same cancellation email. Up until a few weeks ago I was quite happy to go, but with Florida moving to Phase 3 I no longer want to... and that's something I never thought I'd say.

Fingers crossed that email comes your way soon & we can (hopefully) look to next year.
Old 15 Oct 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mandij39
Apprentice Imagineer

Just wanting to give an update, I received a text message and voicemail message today from BA asking me to call them. I called them after work at 18:50 and they said it was a courtesy call to see if I was still interested in going to Orlando, I said if it was flying I'd be going and that it was pretty unlikely, to which he agreed, he asked what I wanted to do, I asked if I could get a refund of my deposit and he agreed and said it would be paid back on to my card within 2 days. I received an email straight after acknowledging our holiday was now cancelled and refund will be processed.

I have to say BA have been absolutely brilliant, 2 times I've had my BA holidays cancelled now and both times they've been brilliant. Will definitely be getting my future custom now.

Holiday was due to depart from LGW on 9/11/2020

Number I called : 0208 707 4461 got through straight away

Absolutely gutted Fingers crossed we get to go Sept 2021
Mandij39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mandij39 View Post
Just wanting to give an update, I received a text message and voicemail message today from BA asking me to call them. I called them after work at 18:50 and they said it was a courtesy call to see if I was still interested in going to Orlando, I said if it was flying I'd be going and that it was pretty unlikely, to which he agreed, he asked what I wanted to do, I asked if I could get a refund of my deposit and he agreed and said it would be paid back on to my card within 2 days. I received an email straight after acknowledging our holiday was now cancelled and refund will be processed.

I have to say BA have been absolutely brilliant, 2 times I've had my BA holidays cancelled now and both times they've been brilliant. Will definitely be getting my future custom now.

Holiday was due to depart from LGW on 9/11/2020

Number I called : 0208 707 4461 got through straight away

Absolutely gutted Fingers crossed we get to go Sept 2021
Hi
Do you mind if I ask was this for a flight only or package ? We have flights only booked for 5th November but heard nothing so far