Notices

Old 8 Aug 20, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Switzerland Summer 2020 - Day 6 -Sustenhutte

The day started with another blue sky! O's face was still quite burnt so he decided he would stay at the house today. He has an assignment to do for his university course so felt it was a good day to get it done (it has to be in next week so at some stage he has it to do!)

We had omelette sandwiches for breakfast before the three of us got on our hiking stuff and set off to a nearby hike!

We drove about 15 minutes up the valley. Parking was terrible and we ended up having to turn around. I volunteered to drop the other two off and then pick them up later but thankfully a parking spot opened up!

In this photo you can just make out the contraption the restaurant at the top users to get its supplies up - a mini cable car so to speak!

The first part of the hike took us through a forest so it was nice and shaded.

And thankfully for me quite manageable so I didn't keep the other two waiting too much.

Needless to say, the scenery was fabulous. We could hear the bells on the cows and running water. There weren't too many people around either.

June was happy too. She loved all the streams to cool off in!

We were about halfway up by this stage. You can just see our destination in this photo - the hut - it looks like a dark blob to the rightish to side of the photo.

The climb up wasn't too arduous! Compared to others we have done that is!

At one point there was a split in the route. J and F went upwards towards the lake and I carried on towards the hut. You can see the lake here! Apparently they got chased by some mad Swiss cows!

I took a break at a bench and took lots of photos...

The signage was a bit hit and miss!

The road below is just a bit lower than where we had started from!

And of course there were lots of beautiful wild flowers.

I made it to the hut about 10 minutes before the other two.

We had a very stodgy cheese dish which certainly gave us the energy for getting down again!

More views!

There were lots of these statues around the hut.

The walk down was somewhat harder for me - simply because I am so unsure footed that it takes me ages. F and June went ahead and were down over 30 minutes before me! At least the 4G is good everywhere so F was happy to sit in the shade and surf!

Overall the hike was 6km with a vertical elevation of about 500m. It took us about 5 hours to do it.

Once back at the house we chatted to O who has finished his assignment just before we got home.

We all rested up and then nipped down to the local supermarket for some more supplies!

I made a pasta bake for dinner which we had with garlic bread. This was followed by the usual games - I am still the leader in Boogle but lose nearly every time at the card games!

We were all in bed by about 9.30pm. The fresh air is tiring!

Edited at 09:10 PM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 8 Aug 20 7:23 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Sounds like another great hike and the views are stunning - would love to visit! Shame O couldn’t join you but hope he got all his work done.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Stunning views again, and more lovely sunshine. No wonder you are having early nights after all the exercise and fresh air 😀 Such a shame O couldn’t go today, I hope his sunburn is getting better. Good news that he got his assignment finished though
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Beautiful scenery! You must be all so fit with the hiking. I love June! Well done to O for finishing his assignment.
Stardust5 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Borderbairn
Imagineer

Mobile

Sun, scenery and Swiss cheese... perfect combination ☀️🏞️🧀🇨🇭

Southern Dunes 2006 & 2007 Highlands Reserve & Hard Rock Hotel May & Sep 2008 The Sanctuary West Haven 2009 Freedom of the Seas & Doubletree Resort 2010 Highlands Reserve May 2012 Windsor Hills 2014 New York 2016
Borderbairn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
June looks like she is enjoying her holiday
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

That sky is so gorgeous
Love the scenery and am imagining the cowbells, I would have to go all Maria from the sound of music ( I know it wasn’t Set in Switzerland but still ) and have a run around singing
Oh my to being chased by the cows !
Good that O got his assignment done , Hope his sunburn is ok .
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan
Old 21 Aug 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A lovely day, you must be getting so fit with all the hiking! A shame that O had work to do, but at least it’s another hurdle jumped for his degree.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List