Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Dec 16, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
axxxl
Imagineer

Think we're going to have to cancel...

As the completion date of our first home looms near, reality is suddenly setting in and I'm thinking booking for Oct/Nov 2017 maybe wasn't such a good idea.

So I think we're cancelling our WDW stay and Disney Cruise Not only for financial reasons (blowing another £5k or so doesn't seem so sensible now) but for holiday allowance too - if we stuck to our dates I'd only be able to take a week off work when we move in and I have a feeling it'll be a bit of a stress trying to get everything delivered then!

So instead I'm thinking we might end up booking a little trip to Disneyland Paris for the same dates instead (we were going to WDW for my 25th birthday) and maybe take our new little fur baby on a couple of long weekends to the Lakes.

I'm a little bit gutted, but Disney World will still be there in 2018

*Little update on my pooch*

I know I posted a thread on Luna when I first got her, but thought I'd insert a little photo of her now as I know we're all dog lovers here!

Old 17 Dec 16, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

thats a shame but on the thought of the lakes have u tried english lakes hotels as they accept dogs in there rooms!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 16, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
KellyWellyWoo
Imagineer

KellyWellyWoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

It's a shame but WDW will always be there. We're buying our first home at the moment and have Alaska in may and potentially a quick trip to Florida in Oct to collect my wedding dress. Sensible head says cancel but I'm a live for the moment type person so can't bring myself to (we can manage it without any debt though).
KellyWellyWoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 16, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
axxxl
Imagineer

Hopefully it will mean our 2018 trip will be bigger and better! If we waited a year and a half for this year's holiday I'm sure we can do it again no problem

Thanks for the Lakes hotels recommendation, I'll have a look!
Old 17 Dec 16, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Luna looks gorgeous and your plan sounds wise. A year will fly by, also more time to be excited, to plan, and maybe (but dont hold your breath) Avatar land might be finished by then (or at least rivers of light! )

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 16, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Luna looks beautiful ,
I think you sound like you are being very sensible with your plans and they sound great... you are setting up and securing your futures together... Disney will still be there in a couple of years when you are settled in your home and can bring back treasures to place in that home... hope everything goes well and good luck for the future
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 16, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I'm buying my first home next year with the OH and we considered cancelling too. The holiday is costing us 4 grand between us including spends and that could buy a few things for the house! Only thing that stopped me was because neither of us have been to America before and we don't think we will be able to afford it for a few years once we get a mortgage.

Good luck with the new home!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 16, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are in the same position as you but we luckily already have our own furniture! Enjoy your new home

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 16, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

look at low wood hotel on lake windermere or the waterhead ambleside both lovely but there best hotel for dogs is the wild boar it has lots of lovely onsite walks a real country hotel and there own smokery and home brew!
or if u fancy morecambe the midland hotel is nice and dh can welcome u hes a manager there! they are all on the english lakes website!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 16, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

18 months isn't too long to wait. We are waiting until 2018 but will take the kids to London next year for a few nights to see the museums etc. Think of all the new stuff that will be open by the time you go!
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread